Phantom 3 Professional - which is best monitor to use?

You show the iPhone 8 plus on your list yet, I was told my DJI it was not compatible using DJIGO...please advise.
It's not compatible or they don't support it? How does it run on your iPhone 8 Plus?

I was advised by DJI support "your mobile phone is Iphone 8 plus iOS 11.4. As per checking on the list of compatible device for your aircraft and DJI Go" for use with my Phantom 3 Pro.

I understand. Can you tell me what happened after you installed DJI GO on your iPhone 8 Plus and attempted to use it? Did you run into any issues?

What do you see in DJI GO when you try to connect? Does your aircraft connect to the RC? Does everything connect if you use a different mobile device?

I forgot, I am now using my Ipad Mini which works perfectly so far....I will try to connect my iphone8 and will let you know soon.

We tried multiple tablets. Seeing them in the sun while flying is a huge problem. The above tablets are okay. In the end, you need something that does not require a shield, tree to stand under, etc.

While our tablets are primarily used on DJI Go 4 for Phantom 4 models, I believe they work fine on DJI Go for Phantom 3s. These are industrial tablets that are designed to be daylight viewable. Compared to a Google Pixel 2 with its adaptive screen, this is hands down better. Check them out at:

Drones and Phones: Any Phone Works to Fly With. Right? - Barger Drone

Thanks.

RB

Sorry to be a killjoy here ... but OP posted on P3 Pro / Advanced section and we have various posts muddying the waters with P4 info.

I can well appreciate that some Android / iPad model will work fine with P3 but may be pushed hard on a P4. If so - that's not really relevant here as the question was 'What tablet / phone to use with P3Pro' ...

That means older should be fine...

That means Go before 4 ....

That means less load on the tablet / phone compared to a P4 / Go4

It would help to stay on subject better .......... IMHO.

Nigel

Hi, can anyone tell me which is the best monitor to use? I'm currently using an iPad Mini 1st Gen but having issues with the screen redrawing itself. Keeps going black.
Billy,
I started with an iphone 7 plus (too small). Tried an ipad air 2 which was unsteady, bulky. I am currently using an ipad mini 4 which is perfect!

I forgot, I am now using my Ipad Mini which works perfectly so far....I will try to connect my iphone8 and will let you know soon.
Here is what happens...I connect the IPhone 8 with the wire to the RC then power up the RC and the iPhone then power up the aircraft. DJIGO screen pops up with the various aircrafts to connect. I select the P3P and follow the instructions...I never got the screen to show the camera button so it would remain on how to connect the specific aircraft. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still the same.

Here is what happens...I connect the IPhone 8 with the wire to the RC then power up the RC and the iPhone then power up the aircraft. DJIGO screen pops up with the various aircrafts to connect. I select the P3P and follow the instructions...I never got the screen to show the camera button so it would remain on how to connect the specific aircraft. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still the same.

OK ... lets change the sequence !!

1. Power up controller.
2. iPad / Android NOT connected to controller - power up to desktop screen.
3. Power up AC and wait for GREEN light on controller to show they are both linked and communicating.
4. NOW plug in iPad / Android and allow GO to start

It is common that GO will not recognise connection if started before all else. I know with Android - when you plug in cable from controller ... a box pops up asking if I want GO or LITCHI ... I choose and then tap the box ONLY ONCE to start which I picked.

If I try to start they way you do .. I cannot get connection.

Nigel

Reactions: GWTX and Jorovi

1. Power up controller.
3. Power up AC and wait for GREEN light on controller to show they are both linked and communicating.

It is common that GO will not recognise connection if started before all else. I know with Android - when you plug in cable from controller ... a box pops up asking if I want GO or LITCHI ... I choose and then tap the box ONLY ONCE to start which I picked.

Nigel

Thank you Nigel ! I followed your directions and it worked perfectly !!! Now both my iPhone 8 plus and my mini Ipad can connect thru DJIGO and they work !!
Thank you once again !

1. Power up controller.

Nigel
P3Advanced
The first time I powered up(couple years ago) I didn't remember the sequence. My tablet (tab A6 7") asked if I wanted to start GO by default when the RC is turned on. I tapped yes, and everything worked fine. I leave my tablet connected all the time. But if that box is not checked (like after a re-install of GO) then I have to follow the sequence you posted (thank you). So when I get ready to fly, I start the tablet with it connected to the RC,,,start the RC,, and GO starts,,while Go is starting,, I start the AC,, the screen first ID's the AC as "pro",, then "Advanced" with the "camera" button. Press it and fly.
Not boasting, just passing on information. Gary

P.S.@Nigel, I appreciate all your input, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94