Phantom 3 Professional Signal Connection

Reaction score
Good Afternoon! I am super new to this as well as flying the drone for just about a week or so now, so please bare with me as I am figuring this all out! I have just a couple questions that I can't seem to locate a definite answer on at this time and need some guidance! I live in south Florida and in a residential neighborhood. I have learned how to remove the distance restriction on the remote, however I have quite a few problems with the signal to the drone from the remote control. My antennas are seright out and not bent and the drone is about 200 feet in the air, but my ipad 1 mini says the signal is weak pretty often when i am a few hundred feet away from the aircraft.

Is there any way to improve the signal to the drone or is my ipad just a piece of crap?
I took the drone straight up in the air to about 500 feet and it had its times of saying it was weak, and going back and forth.
The "RTH" feature has been activated a few times due to this problem.

My antennas are seright out and not bent and the drone is about 200 feet in the air, but my ipad 1 mini says the signal is weak pretty often when i am a few hundred feet away from the aircraft.

It sounds like you don't have your RC antenna oriented correctly. They should be pointed up and roughly parallel to the legs on the bird's landing gear as much as possible. The legs contain the birds antennas. Do not point the RC antenna straight out unless the bird is directly overhead which is not a good place for it to be.

Since you said this was a few hundred feet away, try changing the antenna orientation of your RC and see if it helps.

Antenna Orientation.JPG

Last edited:
Antennas should be straight up not out, bend those puppies!

So last night, it was raining so I did not have the time or weather cooperation to test, but i'm pretty excited to check and seed how much better this is going to work!

I also found that my Ipad1 is not the best for processing the data, so I will need to net a newer version soon! I hate using my iphone to fly, but the scattered screen is just making my crazy!

Thank you everyone for your input and help!

Read the advice here, don't fly ina residential neighborhood, 400 feet is max altitude, read your manual, know faa rules, etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl