Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

DIVE BOOKED!
Local Dive shop is helping out.
We head to GPS location and they are doing a spiral out search pattern.
They know the area extremely well and are 90% sure they will find it.

I head out at 2:00pm PST
Hope to have some news by dinner time Tomorrow.

How was the pilot able to fly and record for "Carrie Furnaces" which is a place full of metal ??
I have no idea what that is... maybe more was happening at the airport I was at as it was giving me the electromagnetic field warnings. Although I could move 100 feet over (still around the metal hangars) and hover at 3-4 feet no problem. It's a mystery for sure, but one I'm constantly trying to test to get a better understanding of what causes these freakouts.

Flying in close proximity to large metal structures will have an impact on your compass. How much all depends on the metal and your proximity to it. I posted these images in another thread already. One is from a flight in a suburban environment with little to no magnetic influences. The other is as urban as you can get with big steel and iron structures within 20ft. On the P2, these are within tolerances but gimbal horizon and heading were impacted slightly. I was ready to dump to ATTI and rise up to a safe distance if I noticed any indications of TBE.

suburb-mag.jpg

city-mag.jpg

DIVE BOOKED!
Local Dive shop is helping out.
We head to GPS location and they are doing a spiral out search pattern.
They know the area extremely well and are 90% sure they will find it.

I head out at 2:00pm PST
Hope to have some news by dinner time Tomorrow.

Awesome. The dive happening today? Take pics!

This makes no sense...
Sure it does. Just like my Vegas shots, I was ALL OVER metal and magnetic fields, etc. Sometimes I had to move locations. You run the risk of compass interference, but that doesn't mean you'll always get it. And of course when you do? You bring your bird down immediately. Just another thing to be aware of. (beautiful footage btw. Great camera movements)

Tyler I wasn't paying close attention to you getting a diver, but there is a slight possibility I can help get your data even with it in the lake.

Tyler I wasn't paying close attention to you getting a diver, but there is a slight possibility I can help get your data even with it in the lake.
I too am intrigued! What's the plan? A very long USB cable? A wet-suit for the P3? ;)

The force is strong with you

Go into the pilot app to USER CENTER. At the bottom of the page select the middle icon which should be what represents the quad. Look to the right side of the Flight Record display and take notice if each flight shows a black triangle with a white cloud in the middle. If each row does not show this black triangle, look in the upper right top of the page for Up & Down Arrows in the middle of a cloud and select it. This will sync all your flights that appear in the Flight Record area below. Those will be all the flights I can get Aunt Pat to retrieve for us.

Let me know if you have flights that appear.

Go into the pilot app to USER CENTER. At the bottom of the page select the middle icon which should be what represents the quad. Look to the right side of the Flight Record display and take notice if each flight shows a black triangle with a white cloud in the middle. If each row does not show this black triangle, look in the upper right top of the page for Up & Down Arrows in the middle of a cloud and select it. This will sync all your flights that appear in the Flight Record area below. Those will be all the flights I can get Aunt Pat to retrieve for us.

I just "synced" all my flight records

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 391

I am really curious to know how you can obtain these cloud synced logs?

OP: Did you recently bin the root?
If so was the root binned prior to this or did you do a circumstantial flash of the root then bin it.
Please say you did this as binning without flashing then binning would probably be a bad thing

I have zero idea what this means.

I know how to flash update the firmware using the firmware update binary file placed on the root dir of a FAT32 formatted SD card for both transmitter and phantom (and have done so), but no idea what any of the above phrases mean e.g. "Bin the root", "Root binned", "circumstantial flash" or "binning".

I don't want to miss something (as new myself to Phantoms and only had two flights of my P3 so far), I simple don't know what this post means. Anyone?

As for the recovery of the submerged good ship Phantom 3, good luck, hope the boys in wetsuits snag it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga