Phantom 3 Pro just crashed. What do I do ??

Yes that's very possible. Did you turn it on, then walk to a different location to fly?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435891505.073704.jpg
Yeah they should look like this. That's crazy

I always turn on the controller>app>P3 in that order. You said you did a compass calibration?, at an old saw mill?, could there have been buried metal where you calibrated? Also, did the app tell you that "the home point has been updated, please check it on the map" This is something you should do EVERY time, to make sure the home point is actually where you are. It sounds like a compass error due to bad calibration, especially if you didn't get the home point set message. ( I only calibrate if my new flight area is 75-100 miles from the last)

Reactions: Trumple
There is another way ... a program called Dashware. I'm not familiar with it but here is a video showing the controller stick positions.

I always turn on the controller>app>P3 in that order. You said you did a compass calibration?, at an old saw mill?, could there have been buried metal where you calibrated? Also, did the app tell you that "the home point has been updated, please check it on the map" This is something you should do EVERY time, to make sure the home point is actually where you are. It sounds like a compass error due to bad calibration, especially if you didn't get the home point set message. ( I only calibrate if my new flight area is 75-100 miles from the last)
My old home location was only about 15 kilometers from where I was. I don't remember if I paid attention to a new home point being set. Of all the flights I've done so far, the home point has always been set automatically.

The logs are there, you just need to retrieve them. You can connect the P3 to your computer and enter flight data mode to access the records on the internal sd card, or use a file browser to access the shared Phantom data on the device to get the flight record .txt file. Not sure why you can't play it back on the device, unless you are not sure how.

I'm getting ready to state my case to DJI. Now since I'm in Canada, there's a support number for Flying Camera (Canada). Based on you peoples experiences, would it actually be better if I contacted DJI directly in LA?

I'm getting ready to state my case to DJI. Now since I'm in Canada, there's a support number for Flying Camera (Canada). Based on you peoples experiences, would it actually be better if I contacted DJI directly in LA?

Good luck! Let us know

The compass on the p3 is very sensitive , even if you have done a cali first, if you take of anywhere near metal it will throw a compass error. I do mean anywhere near metal ie 10 or 15 Myts away it will throw the craft into p atti.

The compass on the p3 is very sensitive , even if you have done a cali first, if you take of anywhere near metal it will throw a compass error. I do mean anywhere near metal ie 10 or 15 Myts away it will throw the craft into p atti.

Ya, but that's nuts what it did. I shouldn't expect the way it acted.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl