Phantom 3 Pro just crashed. What do I do ??

Nooooooooooooooooooo! don't do it--- don't do it-- don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:mad::D:mad::D:D:D
Thanks bro. Worst thing is that I almost did it yesterday.

7f4a1c25379794aa4a6d0c001f370bc0.jpg

My broken battery is getting awfully poofy. Its been sitting in the garage since the crash cuz I don't want it to blow up and slowed the house. LOL

That battery needs to be slow discharged to 0 voltage and disposed of-- make sure there is nothing close to it that is flammable. You wont be able to do it on a charger-- you need something like an automotive light bulb -- I have one with a positive and negative cable, the I us just for this purpose -- you will have to monitor the battery closely to make sure the battery is not heating. Best to do it out doors.

Reactions: Jbundy63
UPDATE:
So after 2 weeks of sending in the drone with an RMA, today I finally received an email saying they've "checked in" my drone. So 2 weeks has gone by and they've not yet touched it.

Their message says, "... Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team..."

Argh... another 5-6 weeks!

That's a potential of a full 2 months total! Summer will be over before I practically get to fly it again. Not really like I have a choice. If they can repair it under warranty, then I suppose it's worth it.
Dang that's sucks! Hopefully it's done under warranty. **** it's so freakin hot here you really don't feel like doing sh•t after work Ugh 100 degree plus everyday [emoji16]

That battery needs to be slow discharged to 0 voltage and disposed of-- make sure there is nothing close to it that is flammable. You wont be able to do it on a charger-- you need something like an automotive light bulb -- I have one with a positive and negative cable, the I us just for this purpose -- you will have to monitor the battery closely to make sure the battery is not heating. Best to do it out doors.
The battery is completely cool as is.

I sent DJI a printed picture when it first crashed, so it looks much worse now. I'm hoping that if they repair my Phantom under warranty that they'll also send a new battery.

I don't think DJI can assume all crashes are the fault of the company. Every person for the most part will assume it is dji's fault so the only way to tell is have access to the .DAT file and analyze the instrument telemetry. It is the only thing involved that is not bias in some way. Have you tried uploading the .DAT file from your P3 or the .TXT file from your Pilot app? If I were to send my unit in for any reason I would be sure to plug into the P3 body and get all the .DAT files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan