Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal shakes after repair

Reaction score
Hi all,

This seems to be a common problem (violent camera shaking after a crash, followed by a cable replacement) - so I've gone through all previous posts and have checked the following.....

- Both axis (yaw and pitch) are aligned to within about 5 degrees of where they should be.

- I have used an OEM cable from DJI (I have fixed a mates P3 pro with cable replacement so don't think I've installed the cable incorrectly)

- I've had a look at both potentiometers and they appear to be in good condition (no cracks that I can see)

- both boards (pitch and yaw) look to be in good condition.

-The Pan arm (or the arm that pans the camera broke - I've glued it together and notice it is bent by about 3-4 degrees. I wouldn't have thought that would be enough to cause issues but you might know otherwise... I've taken a photo of this anyway.

My next step was going to be replacing the two pot. boards - but I can't say I'm that confident it will fix it - as the existing ones in the drone look good.

I'm based in NZ so shipping to anyone in the US - or anywhere really is out of the question (by the time I've paid for shipping I may as well buy a camera).

Anyway - this has bugged me so I'd like to get to the bottom of it (for sanity purposes).

To any experts/people who know what to look for when repairing gimbals, are there any other checks I can do to narrow down the issue.

Also on a side note - I notice that there are at least 3 different versions of each of the P3 pro gimbal boards..... Are these interchangeable?

Any help is much appreciated.....

I had the same problem on my P3A. I too replaced arms & ribbon cable & couldn't stop it. I've now sent mine away for repair but will be interested to see what replies you get & how you get on. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl