Phantom 3 Pro - DJI Refurb...

What's the best case for a P3P? What're you guys using?

Thanks...
-slinger

I recently bought a P3P refurb and couldn't be happier so far. I was hesitant because I did a computer "refurb" from Bestbuy a year ago and when I got it home it was stuck in a bootloop. It was too obvious BB never looked at it as it was locked up in the booting process. You couldn't get it past that. I'm sure someone returned it because it was stuck in a bootloop and wouldn't go further. This was the 3rd time I have been burned by BB so I don't shop there anymore.

I only have about an hour and a half of flying with it but everything has been good once I got the battery firmwares updated (frustrating for a newb, also it was 1.10.9 yuck but no problems yet). The controller was wrapped in original plastic protection, never opened, the charger was in the original unopened box (has tape seals), The tool kit was unopened box, the props had the seals on all the hubs, the 100w charger was in a unopened box. The cables were in sealed bags. This is my first phantom and I don't regret the refurb. The bird didn't have any protective plastic (I don't know if they do) and there were no markings on it making me think it ever crashed, but all the accessories were brand new and in sealed boxes.

That sounds like what I found with my refurb purchase. Even the shell was the latest config. I have many flights that have perfect...until today. But my experience with Litchi is for another post. Happy flying.

What's the best case for a P3P? What're you guys using?

Thanks...
-slinger
I have a Nanuk 950. Super strong and made for abuse.

51sV-6FSWxL.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the DJI Multifunctional bag on sale for 160 and then credits from Best Buy brought it down to 120... horrible choice I returned it. I ended up reading reviews and found hands down best bag going off reviews. Going to pick up today and hoping it's as good as the talk is. Retailed for $300 on some sights but cheaper on Amazon.

cd14805c446d4bedd19aeefe70bf3334.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello there! I'm from Canada (Québec). Where can i buy a refurbished Phantom Pro in Canada? Thanks for answer! :D Wish you a great 2017 all!

Hello there! I'm from Canada (Québec). Where can i buy a refurbished Phantom Pro in Canada? Thanks for answer! :D Wish you a great 2017 all!

Did you check DroneNerds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouisQc
Well, this is a nice suggestion. But, i would like to buy in canada. I'm afraid to pay taxes and custom fees.

Sorry. Didn't think about that for Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refurb units go thru a higher degree of inspection that the new ones do. Not knocking new at all here, it's just that they test it more thoroughly. Since they warrant it the same, why worry about it? Take advantage.
Well guess they forgot to check mine. Its a piece of junk just like their Customer Service.

Bought my refurbished P3P last month and that was a big mistake. Nothing but problems kept cropping up one after the other. They only give you a 7 day return option on a refurbished unit. It took me two weeks to realize that it wasn't me (operator problems), there were intermittent problems that would work then it wouldn't work.. I made the mistake of thinking that if I update firmware things would straighten out.. That's when all hell broke loose. It immediately turned a good battery into a brick. I lost control of the video camera, sometimes it would start a recording and most of the times it wouldn't.. The video files on the SD card were most times corrupted. Connection between the controller and the drone were unreliable. I dared not fly the P3 more than 20 feet away from me. The drone did fly well, no problem, hovers great and obeys all controller commands. I could not trust the communication link..

DJI won't help me because it's a refurbished unit. Has anyone had positive experience with them ? I simply do not know what to do other than toss the thing in the trash.

Bought my refurbished P3P last month and that was a big mistake. Nothing but problems kept cropping up one after the other. They only give you a 7 day return option on a refurbished unit. ...
Okay - the way you wrote that made the warranty seem diluted. But according to drone nerds, the warranty on refurbished products is the standard warranty, which would be the same standard warranty as those for new products.

And a look at DJI's site reveals that the standard warranty is a 7 day return policy.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

DJI won't help me because it's a refurbished unit. ....

You say DJI won't help you - but it's not because it's refurbished. It's because their standard warranty period has expired.

Still - it's disappointing to read your post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart