Phantom 3 pro controller battery

Reaction score
Hi Fellows, I have a phantom 3 pro, did fly before no issue then covid hit and did not fly at all for 3/4 years. Suddently I tried to check it and found out the controller does not hold charge anymore. What are the options I have. Is the controller battery replaceable? I would appreciate any thoughtful response.

DJI doesn't sell a replacement, but you can replace it with a 6000mAh/44.40Wh battery (like this one).

Like reset the battery to make it hold a charge?

Assuming your battery is damaged (likely since you haven't charged it for ~4 years), there's no reset procedure that can restore damaged battery cells.

Hi Fellows, I have a phantom 3 pro, did fly before no issue then covid hit and did not fly at all for 3/4 years. Suddently I tried to check it and found out the controller does not hold charge anymore. What are the options I have. Is the controller battery replaceable? I would appreciate any thoughtful response.

My P3 Pro has been sitting on a shelf in its zippered protected case for the past two years or so. Today I decided to test and recharge to two flight packs on the controller's battery. The flight packs each took about an hour to fully charge, starting out with just one blinking green LED, but they charged up okay.

The controller was another story. When I first plugged the charger in only the left white LED flashed...forever (well, for well over an hour). I found a YT vid that described a DJI recommended solution for a different but somewhat similar issue at this link:

When controller is charging only on or two lights flash for a bit, then stop. Turning the controller on shows
only a partial charge. This seems to be a common problem that the DJI Phantom series has. DJI's
recommended solution is to:

1. Turn on the controller, don't turn on the drone
2. Press and hold C1, C2 and the Shutter button together
3. It will beep, then turn the controller off
4. Then restart the remote controller

I tried these steps and got a better indication of charging but with only left two LEDs blinking...forever. I removed the charging cable and let the controller sit for several hours. I connected the charging cable again and now it behaves like it is actually charging with the left three LEDs blinking.

I've read where the P3 controller batteries are notorious for failing when unused for a long time and ordered an equivalent replacement 6000mA/41.4wH 7.4v pack but I will have to remove and attach the original charging balancer PCB onto the new pack...if my original pack never reaches full charge...but so far it looks like it will.
15-20 minutes later...
Lookin' good, got 4 blinking LEDs now, so both cells are being charged!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl