Phantom 3 flight controller parameters

Thank you so much for the informations!
My goal is to reach about 1500m max(less than 5000 feet) from take-off point, not more!
I live in the Alps surrounded by peaks over 4500m (15000 feet).
There are many peaks with abbeys and fortresses abandoned.
Unfortunately, starting from an altitude of 1000 / 1500m , I can't make shoots of these peaks with only 500m of height autonomy.
It 's not my intention to get to 10,000 feet but around 4000/5000 feet with residual autonomy of about ten minutes to do some nice video shoots.
In the worst case scenario it climbs to 1500m (4921ft) by 10m / s vert. speed takes me 2/3 min to get to the top and others 3/4 minutes to go down without incurring in any problems for the battery.

My question is ... can I build for the Phantom 3 Advanced a mod (from fw 1.7.6) to use with 1.3.20 RC firmware that can go up and down about 10 m / s and climbs to 1500m from take-off point?

Having a few tips from you and from your experiences I could do the changes to the firmware by myself and share the results with the community.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

you can mod the p3a the same way. will it work with RC 1.3.20 i dont know. i know it works with 1.5.8.

ok ... I'll try
But I would't switch to 1.5.8 RC due to the power loss on the remote control transmitter .... you know the CEE restrictions...
Thanks

if anyone wants to make their drone faster here you go specs...
I finally upgraded my P3A from 1.4.10 to 1.7.60 and I used your flight parameters too
but while I was testing max horizontal speed, battery voltage was dropping like hell and after few seconds I got "Critically low voltage; the aircraft will land now" warning
haven't you ever had similar problem?

Reactions: polarisax
I finally upgraded my P3A from 1.4.10 to 1.7.60 and I used your flight parameters too
but while I was testing max horizontal speed, battery voltage was dropping like hell and after few seconds I got "Critically low voltage; the aircraft will land now" warning
haven't you ever had similar problem?

Yeah....I have the same problem here. Once I try it with 10m/s ascending speed or 20m/s horizontal speed, I have a "Critically low voltage; the aircraft will land now".
The voltages in the log(.DAT) not show any consistent drop...but the current rise to 65A!!!!!
It's seems so strange to me...It's very high current.
BTW...after few seconds the bird came back to normal flight ... by stopping autolanding.
The battery% is still high...(80-90%).
I think this behaviour is related to some parametes in flyc_param_infos like:
g_config.voltage2.level2_smart_battert_land_0
g_config.flying_limit.auto_landing_enabled_0
and possibily....
g_config.misc_cfg.auto_landing_vel_L1_0
g_config.misc_cfg.auto_landing_vel_L2_0
..in case of very high flight (>500m)
Perhaps there are some calculation in the code that forecast the return distance/time and put the bird in autolanding mode...

Try this firmware "pmcappfw3.bin" and the dji go 3.7 included in this folder. Let me know if this helps you. I been using this one for a while now and it seems really stable. Except i have not flown about 1000ft so i dont know how it acts way up there phantom-firmware-tools-master.rar

Reactions: polarisax
Remember to use 2.4.2 to resend the new parameters to the flight controller

I'll try it ASAP!
I'll bet on two parameters:
g_config.voltage2.level1_smart_battert_gohome_0
because I have problems with gohome too...in some situations!

Thanks a lot @notsolowki !

I see in the log(.dat) some ReqGoHome and BatteryLimitOutputMax in the SMART_Battery.status just before the autolands....
...and the parameter SMART_BATTERY.gohome increase quickly in these points

the current rise to 65A!!!!!
are you sure? that's really high
in my logs, maximum is ~ 30 A (~ 400 W)

Try this firmware "pmcappfw3.bin" and the dji go 3.7 included in this folder.
I can see that you changed a few parameters since you published them last time
I will adapt my params too, I prefer safety to (unnecessary) high speeds
thanks

I'll bet on two parameters:
g_config.voltage2.level1_smart_battert_gohome_0
but those are just battery percentage levels, they have nothing to do with this (peak high current) situation

there is some min cell voltage or min pack voltage or max current/power protection for sure that is causing it
maybe one of these:
g_config.craft_model.I_max_0 (it's set to 30)
g_config.bat_limit.limit_max_power.max_0 (it's set to 350)
g_config.bat_limit.limit_vol.min_0 (it's set to 3400)

Be careful with this guys. some parameters like this one changed in notsolowki's file shouldn't be turned down this low...Its the minimum voltage per cell 2.99volts...I read lipos can just be tossed out if they go below 3volts...Never tested that theory though...
Let me know if you find something for RTH speed...Good luck!

"index" : 818,
"typeID" : 8,
"size" : 4,
"attribute" : 11,
"minValue" : 0.000000,
"maxValue" : 100000.000000,
"defaultValue" : 2999.000000,
"name" : "g_config.bat_limit.limit_vol.min_0",
"modify" : true

hey chazz, dumb question - are you able to test the modifications in the simulator?

Yes notsolowki figured out you can test in the simulator...But I cant say with 100% certainty that they all can...

I was testing the 65449 landing issue in the simulator and couldn't get it to stop. not smart enough..That's another issue id like fixed....

I was testing the 65449 landing issue in the simulator and couldn't get it to stop. not smart enough..That's another issue id like fixed....
You read my mind. I Downloaded that zip and have been hunting for which one(s) it may be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT