Phantom 3 flight controller parameters

Sorry for all the questions, but since you were working with the Pro firmware I want to be sure...

6.rename mi01.bin to PMCAPPFw3.bin and place it on the sdcard to update with the new flight controller parameters.

my file was actually called P3S_FW_V01.07.0060_mi01.bin and not just mi01.bin, were you just abbreviating for simplicity? EDIT: ok it was simplified, thanks.

and I am curious where the name PMCAPPFw3.bin comes from, and is there a way I can confirm whether or not that is the correct filename to give this file for my P3 Advanced?

and one more...

10.open dji go 2.4.2 and reset all settings, it will send all the parameters from the apps flyc_param_infos to the drone.

I believe I read that you said you can open 2.4.2 to send parameters, but then it's ok to run something newer, like 3.0.1? Wont running another version just overwrite the parameters with the default ones? EDIT: Ok I missed the part where you must reset settings for it to send the new parameters. As long as I don't reset settings in my newer version, it shouldn't overwrite.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
in my experience using the newer app after sending that parameters works for me unless i resend then with the newer app. and yes i abbreviated it for simplicity.

Reactions: nssdrone
i got the angle settings figured out now work needs to be done to the battery settings, as voltage drops so does thrust. i believe the max speed is going to be 63 mph if we can figure out the battery parameters. so far i have it set to go 60 but it pulls speed after voltage drop and consistently get 44-50

here is a firmware for the pro 1.7.6. i bet you could extract the params from this file and import it into your new file with flyc_param_ed.py. then install the app included. the ap included is renamed so you can have both versions of dji go at the same time. this binary shoudl get you close to 50 mph and 22 mph ascend speeds. about 42 in gps mode at 50 in atti. ive tested this one and results were good. i couldnt crash it not matter how hard i turn etc. but this is going to be max tilt for the ac

dji go and fw.zip

Hello notsolowski, great job you guys, congrats, I been following you post, in order to test this new apk and change the param, you have to install the apk as well as the fw for the controller?, could you address me with that, I'm willing to try your work out.
Keep the good work, You are the men's, looking forward to have our own app and fw to set our birds the way we want, specially the NFZ

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The fw is for the drone. Your going to want to install 1.5.8 on the rc controller, 1.7.8 on the drone. If you look at flight controller parameters on github page i have some of them sorted out so you can tune it the way you need it. And if you look at mefistotelis firmware tools you will find and file with links to every firmware version

I think I'll join in the fun here! But one thing: you write you need the app to "send the parameters ". Why is that? Aren't you hard coding them while changing the bin files? I.e. Alt limit is at 6000. Why would you need the app to send that? Same for speed etc...

Reactions: nssdrone
if anyone wants to make their drone faster here you go specs,
22.4 miles per hour ascend
17 miles per hour descend
lower idle
44 miles per hour gps
45-55 mph atti mode

this is the 2.4.2 app and the flight controller single module. to install just copy the flight controller module to the sdcard and begin update. then find and install dji go 2.4.2. then install the modded app provided over previously installed 2.4.2. the setup seems very stabledont forget to use dji go 2.4.2 to restore default settings to MC

DJI GO 2.4.2 AND FW 1.7.6..zip

Reactions: polarisax
Thanks @notsolowki !
Why do you write you need the app to "send the parameters ". Why is that? Aren't you hard coding them while changing the bin files? I.e. Alt limit is at 6000. Why would you need the app to send that? Same for speed etc...

Also, will this work with a newer app like 2.7.1 ?
And what about iOS?

Thank you

Because otherwise the default parameters remain in place. Why does it have to be that way? i dont know..

not sure about ios. i have sent the parameters with 2.4.2 and continued to use 3.1.4 no issues.

THANK YOU notsolowki, you are doing a great job, I'm following your work on the GH, thank for this, keep it, hopefully you will get what we want. I can only support you guys with flight testing, since I don't now much about programing, more mechanic stuff. I will try your settings this weekend.
Greetings

Reactions: Digdat0
if anyone wants to make their drone faster here you go specs,
22.4 miles per hour ascend
17 miles per hour descend
lower idle
44 miles per hour gps
45-55 mph atti mode

this is the 2.4.2 app and the flight controller single module. to install just copy the flight controller module to the sdcard and begin update. then find and install dji go 2.4.2. then install the modded app provided over previously installed 2.4.2. the setup seems very stabledont forget to use dji go 2.4.2 to restore default settings to MC

DJI GO 2.4.2 AND FW 1.7.6..zip

It also has the change to the height above the 500m?
and...
can I use the 1.3.20 RC firmware with this bird's firmware?

thank you so much notsolowki!

No height mods. You could change that if you need sorry. Also i heard that if you go 10,000 ft the drone wil land critical battery even if you have 80 percent

for everyone thats going high altitude "legally of course" please keep in mind that this drones restrictions were put there for more reasons than aircraft safety. when you take this thing 10,000ft in the air with that 4700 mAh battery at 10 meters per second it will use a whole lot more juice. i hear of people that get up to 9kft and have critical low battery problems even with 80 percent battery. when you get this error it will land on the spot at 3m/s. looking at the logs the voltages never got critical. it might be something to do with the calculations of how long its going to take to get back to the ground, idk. but what i can tell you is, if you going to do such a thing be aware of the consequences. know your battery and know your limits. it takes 'according to math' if you are ascending at 10m/s its going to take 6 minutes to climb 10000 ft. thats 6 minutes of straight max current being drawn. then its going to take aprox:10-12 minutes to get down at 8m/s. so please do the math and be warned. i think anyone whole is attempting this should be aware of what we know so far about the flights behavior. always show your voltage on the main screen. if anyone has any results please share them.

Thanks men, I do understand the risk of the mods and wont blame any one here, I now where I'm getting in modifying things. In my case my wish and goal is not to brake any records, just not to have an imposed restriction for my drone, as it was before when I bought it 2 years ago, no limits, no NFZ, it was fine, never did dum things either. I live close to an abandoned airfield which is considered as NFZ, no plane has takeoff or landed in the past 10 years and DJI keep this as active NFZ even I have send them information about it. So I have to drive 20 miles from home to fly my drone, aggravating. I would thank you again for your work on trying a walk around on the FW, it will help me a lot if you can brake that, in the mean time I will test the drone this weekend and report back my findings.

thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT