Phantom 3 flight controller parameters

i didnt have any battery issues, at least i didnt get any warnings. i did get some mc errors and i wasnt willing to fly with that warning becaus ei notice when i get that error in the simulator it jams the gps,compas,imu. to easy way to fix the error was to turn oof the drone, turn off the controller, and completely close dji go. then turn the drone on run the app and then turn on the controller. it was probably my usb cable but just in case you guys get the same error. i recommend restart everything untill its gone and says safe to fly

Did you test the altitude limit, does it override the default 500 (meters) or is there more parameters involved?

{
"index" : 242,
"typeID" : 1,
"size" : 2,
"attribute" : 11,
"minValue" : 20,
"maxValue" : 6000,
"defaultValue" : 6000,
"name" : "g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0",
"modify" : true
}

Wondering if i should try "modify" : false to kinda "lock" it from the app, i'm at work so cant test here :)might work just like that tho..

What units are these in? Is 6000 referring to the max height of 500 meters? That's exactly a 12x multiplier. Did they make up their own units of measurement? Twelfths of a meter? Am I correct that changing the 6000 will alter max height? What results have you gotten with modifying these numbers? I'm in need of flying higher than 500m from home point. I don't need to be higher than a couple hundred AGL, but I have a mountain I'd like to get to the top of, and it's like 600 meters taller than my takeoff point.

i wanna try that soooooooo bad. Changing gps speed has been one of my goals in trying this .. i know it will take more battery, but i'm willing to concede that if i can cook along little faster.

Come on Dig get that thing fixed so you can join the fun...

What units are these in? Is 6000 referring to the max height of 500 meters? That's exactly a 12x multiplier. Did they make up their own units of measurement? Twelfths of a meter? Am I correct that changing the 6000 will alter max height? What results have you gotten with modifying these numbers? I'm in need of flying higher than 500m from home point. I don't need to be higher than a couple hundred AGL, but I have a mountain I'd like to get to the top of, and it's like 600 meters taller than my takeoff point.
i recommend you read my first post so you know what to change. and im sure if you experiment with the parameters you will find what your looking for

i found that if you change atti_limit , atti_range, atti_battery the dorne goes alot faster. dont mess with the max. just set atti_range to 55 or 60. set atti_battery to the same. and atti_limit to 55-or 60

i recommend you read my first post so you know what to change. and im sure if you experiment with the parameters you will find what your looking for
Yeah I kinda know where to change it just hoping I could learn from your experience. I keep seeing that it's possible to change max height but nobody has said what they've achieved. Thankfully this is a good parameter to test in simulation.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

6000 refers to 6000meters, 6km. How ever, it will think it's coming down at 3ms speed, so you will get critical battery low and autoland. (if you have modified your ascent speeds higher than original)

this isnt true for me. i edited the ascend speeds 7 and 16 mps and comes down as programmed with no battery errors

Oh, ok I think I was assuming the 6000 was the default parameter value that came with the aircraft, and I was wondering how that resulted in a 500m limit. Is that parameter set to 500 in the original firmware? I haven't looked at mine yet, just doing homework. Haven't had a chance to get any real work done, got a baby at home so my free time is limited.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Ok, trying this out but ran into a speedbump at step 3

3. find mi01.bin container this is the flight controller.
3. use phantom firmware tools flyc_param_ed.py to extract teh flyc_param_infos files

I type ./dji_flyc_param_ed.py -vv -x -m P3S_FW_V01.07.0060_mi01.bin and get "permission denied" and if I try it with sudo beforehand, I get sudo: dji_flyc_param_ed.py: command not found.

I've got a P3A, and my PC is Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 but I also can dual boot into Win10 if needed

you are using the standard fw by they way, i have never done this on a standard but it may work.

run these if you are on linux

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade

sudo apt-get install -y python3-pip

you are using the standard fw by they way, i have never done this on a standard but it may work.
Nope, that's the Advanced firmware. I don't know why the advanced firmware is named with P3S but it really is.

EDIT: And so far, all the parameters and filenames seem to be the same as the P3P instructions, aside from having P3S instead of P3X in the names. I'll of course check this in the simulator thoroughly once I'm done.

Reactions: notsolowki

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT