Phantom 3 Controller: Return To Home Button Becoming Detached

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 3 Advanced for around 2 months now and am absolutely in love with it! It's an amazing machine.

I experienced my first issue today though when I was demoing it for my Grandmother. I decided to show her the return to home function, and upon pressing the RTH button on the controller, I immediately noticed that it seemed "loose". Specifically, the left side of the button seems to have become detached from the case and can be depressed inwards (and the button no longer appears centred). The button still works properly and the aircraft landed without any issue. This was only my second time ever using the RTH button, and I'm very careful with the controller so I'm not sure why it would be broken (it was fine the first time back when I tried it when I first got the drone). I did a bit of searching and it seems that I have the same problem as detailed in this post (R.C. broken | DJI Phantom Forum) except that only the lefthand side screw hole broke. I don't want to open up the controller myself for fear of damaging anything and voiding my warrantee, and I'm not sure I want to send it in either just for this seeing as I don't really use RTH anyway, and that it still "works" fine for if I do need it.

I guess my question for now is, will I risk damaging something else in the controller by not fixing this? I imagine some of you who have opened up your controller may be able to confirm this, but I believe the main logic board is located under the RTH button and I'm worried with the button coming loose that it could damage some critical component beneath it (e.g. on the logic board). Everything else about the controller works perfectly at the moment. I believe I have the newer "B" model of the controller.

Thanks

I would suggest you contact your dealer or DJI for a warranty replacement or fix. ;)

I would suggest you contact your dealer or DJI for a warranty replacement or fix. ;)

I did send an email to DJI just now to inquire about my options. Will see what they have to say.

In your best interest to get it taken care of. You do want any loose or dangling parts in the controller. All components always need to be in top shape.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl