Phantom 3 Advanced Lightbridge not the same as Pro

Hey,

As Brent10 was saying, we are referring to pixelation of the live view (FPV feed) on the application or from the HDMI port. The recording I posted that you mentioned was from the iPad application cache AFTER it was transmitted via the lightbridge to the remote. My on board HD recording (from the mSD card) looks very good and I am using the stock card.

That clears up the SD card issue. Got it thanks.

Thanks Cactus!

So, I did not take notes on how I did this but I do recall several things about the process.
1. The DJI Go application has a setting somewhere that will cache the live view from your flights and save it locally on the device.
2. Somewhere on the sharing/editing side of the application, I was able to see the cached flight (or ground test) and share that on a DJI website. I also recall using ITunes to save the video cache folder to the hard drive and view them there.

Hope that helps.

When you start recording, the video quality on the Phantom is instantly perfect and crisp. When it's just live feed it does display a lot lower resolution. My experience is with the P3A only.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, I did not take notes on how I did this but I do recall several things about the process.
1. The DJI Go application has a setting somewhere that will cache the live view from your flights and save it locally on the device.
2. Somewhere on the sharing/editing side of the application, I was able to see the cached flight (or ground test) and share that on a DJI website. I also recall using ITunes to save the video cache folder to the hard drive and view them there.

Hope that helps.

I figured it out thanks Cactus.

This is the video info of the live video feed in the DJI Go app from the P3A. This would also be the live video that comes out of the HDMI module.

Width: 1280
Height: 720
Display aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate: 30.1 fps
Bit rate: 2012 kb/s

I can't seem to find this comment on here but I just got the Advanced and the slider allows me to go anywhere from 4-10Mbps... The feed looks plenty good for me so I'm not worried about that just mentioning this because I thought the Advanced was 2Mbps?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't seem to find this comment on here but I just got the Advanced and the slider allows me to go anywhere from 4-10Mbps... The feed looks plenty good for me so I'm not worried about that just mentioning this because I thought the Advanced was 2Mbps?

Changing that slider has no affect on the live feed for the P3A, it is locked at 2Mbps.

Changing that slider has no affect on the live feed for the P3A, it is locked at 2Mbps.
Gotcha... Just strange it was on there I didn't think it was [emoji106]

Is it so hard for DJI to remove this slider for the P3A?

3-4 Mbps? Could you upload your cached file somewhere? Would like to take a look at it. What firmware version are you using?

I've had a P3P for a few weeks and upgraded the firmware to 1.6.0040. The image transmission quality is poor. It lags, it pixelates, it freezes. I haven't been able to get any help from the seller or DJI. I see there is a custom setting (as opposed to auto) that allows the bit rate to be increased, but only if the transmission channel is selected manually. I want to try that, but I fear losing the connection if the channel becomes unstable.

What criteria should one use to select a channel? Am I right to fear losing the connection if that channel becomes unstable?

Also, I have seen references to a 32-channel setting as opposed to the normal 20. How do I get the 32 channels?

I've had a P3P for a few weeks and upgraded the firmware to 1.6.0040. The image transmission quality is poor. It lags, it pixelates, it freezes. I haven't been able to get any help from the seller or DJI. I see there is a custom setting (as opposed to auto) that allows the bit rate to be increased, but only if the transmission channel is selected manually. I want to try that, but I fear losing the connection if the channel becomes unstable.

What criteria should one use to select a channel? Am I right to fear losing the connection if that channel becomes unstable?

Also, I have seen references to a 32-channel setting as opposed to the normal 20. How do I get the 32 channels?

Try this, it worked for me...
Select manual, choose a channel, then select auto again and it's fixed. :)

Yes, I just got the 32 channel fix. Do a search for channel hack in this forum. It's out there and it works. Better yet, I think it is at this link. More channels hack

Hello guys. I'm about to buy P3 (P3A or P3P). I read lots of topics here and now I know probably more than I should know but still there is no clear information about one problem. I know that P3P has 10Mbps downlink and P3A only 2Mbps. But - can samone tells me if there is any noticed difference in live fpv video (i'm gonna use tablet iPad mini 4) for both drons? Or maybe it's only difference when I want to plug in goggles or sth?
2.7K seems enough for me, 57W charger is ok too, P3A price is much better than P2P ;) But i'm affraid of lags or bad quality video on my fpv. Can sameone helps me? Thanks.
PS. Sorry for my english. Regards from Poland! :)

Reactions: rene van der meer
Hello guys. I'm about to buy P3 (P3A or P3P). I read lots of topics here and now I know probably more than I should know but still there is no clear information about one problem. I know that P3P has 10Mbps downlink and P3A only 2Mbps. But - can samone tells me if there is any noticed difference in live fpv video (i'm gonna use tablet iPad mini 4) for both drons? Or maybe it's only difference when I want to plug in goggles or sth?
2.7K seems enough for me, 57W charger is ok too, P3A price is much better than P2P ;) But i'm affraid of lags or bad quality video on my fpv. Can sameone helps me? Thanks.
PS. Sorry for my english. Regards from Poland! :)
Hello Twari, I own a P3A because I found 4K also too expensive. I think the live preview is very good (on a Samsung S6 edge).
Wacke2611 mentioned that the quality on a 8" of P3A and P3P is comparable:
A friend of mine has a Pro, and he has it set on 4mb/sec (lowest setting on a Pro) . The reason for this is that he has found that he gets much better range with fluid video at that setting. He had found that the bit rate does NOT change dynamically dependent on how far you are away. I've got an Advance and we are both running with 8" tablets (perfect size imo) and I can tell you with confidence that even though the Advance runs at 2 mb/sec the difference in quality is negligible. What's most important is the quality of the recorded feed and in that respect it depends whether you absolutely must have 4K, or you can live with 2.7k/1080p. Personally I am 100% happy with the feed on my Advanced - it's bright, clear and fluid which is all you really want with a live feed, rather than extreme fidelity.

Reactions: twari
Thanks for reply. Do you have any videos comparing quality of streaming from P3A and P3P? Or just video of P3A fpv quality? I'd like to see what i should expect from P3A. :) I just don't want to be badly surprised.

Reactions: twari
Thanks for so much great info. Seems like you've already answered my question, but I'd like your opinion on an upcoming project. I've been asked to cover a rowing regatta. I need to transmit live video back to medium size displays for spectators to watch in real time at a distance up to 500-1,000 meters. Would the P3P be a good option for this since it has lightbridge? Would I need the newer gen for use with displays larger than an iPad?

Thanks for so much great info. Seems like you've already answered my question, but I'd like your opinion on an upcoming project. I've been asked to cover a rowing regatta. I need to transmit live video back to medium size displays for spectators to watch in real time at a distance up to 500-1,000 meters. Would the P3P be a good option for this since it has lightbridge? Would I need the newer gen for use with displays larger than an iPad?

Both the Pro and the Advanced have lightbridge, it's just that the Pro has a much higher quality bit rate at the same 720p resolution so it's going to look much better on those monitors. I don't follow your second question about the iPad, can you clarify?

Keep in mind to do this you'll need the HDMI upgrade for the P3P controller, that needs to be installed. That's about $100 for the HDMI module, it's easy to install. Then the controller will need to be connected via HDMI cable to your large display (I assume it's a large TV you'll want to use). HDMI cables are usually good for 30', but I recommend cables no longer than 12' to insure no problems. The cabling may be an issue, depending on where you need to be to get LOS position to the craft and boats. The P3P offers the best image versus the P3A. The P3P allows the transmission quality to be adjusted from 4mbps to 6mbps (higher bitrate is better quality), but the lower the bit rate will go farther distance. Use a windsurfer on your antennas to help for distance, but generally speaking you shouldn't have any problem with 1000m distances unless you're using the CE compliant (European model) RC with lower transmitting power, in which case you may need a windsurfer (I'm not sure). You're current iPad is fine for monitoring and flying the bird, the TV will be a second display. There's a setting in Go that allows the iPad and HDMI TV to display at the same time.

Phantom 3 standard cannot do this above. It's best to use Phantom 3Pro.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing