Phantom 3 Advanced Lightbridge not the same as Pro

More information in the RCGroups thread. A well known poster seems to push the fact that the only difference is the camera gimbal unit, but the processing power in the gimbal somehow effects the live view video quality and transmission rate. This would indicate that the lightbridge hardware is the same, but cannot be fully utilized in the Advanced due to the gimbal. I don't know but allot of support calls are going to come in when people install HDMI boards in their Advanced model and see the poor quality. Just saying.

I was so concerned about Headplay goggles looking crappy with all these reports. I waited months for the goggles to arrive, on backorder all summer, then they finally arrived. But I couldn't use them, I couldn't focus with either of the provided two fresnel lens. It took me a couple weeks to figure out how to kludge some glasses together so I could focus up close on the screen. And during this time I was expecting a crappy image from all the reports. I was surprised my P3P looked fine through the HDMI port using the Headplay goggles, awesome in fact. Now to learn it's just the P3A architecture causing the problem is a huge letdown, so disappointing. I'd be pissed if I owned the Advanced. I'm going to stop recommending P3A, Pro is the only choice now. I love my Headplays.

Reactions: Brent10
Yeah, I will not be recommending the Advanced either. Going to sell my HDMI module since it is effectively worthless for me at this point. What a let down.

The latest transmitter update has increased the H/D transmission rate for advanced users!

The latest transmitter update has increased the H/D transmission rate for advanced users!

But, for me, this works only for P3A ! On the P3P seems not changed .. on my DJI Go 2.4...

I find it very annoying when people state things without any further information.

ffs...

How much did they increase the rate?
What version was this in?
Were did you get this info?
?????????

Reactions: NRJ
I find it very annoying when people state things without any further information.

ffs...

How much did they increase the rate?
What version was this in?
Were did you get this info?
?????????

They just added 10Mbps option, in DJI Go 2.4 ios, to P3 Advanced, no change on P3P.
You can set this option on the slide in the HD menu in DJI Go camera view, when in "Custom" channel mode.

Tried it just now and made no difference in the live view quality at all. I do not think that slider acually changes the transmission rate on the Advanced when they have documents that say its MAXED at 2mbps. I checked the slider after the update and it's range is 4mbps to 6mbps.

Tried it just now and made no difference in the live view quality at all. I do not think that slider acually changes the transmission rate on the Advanced when they have documents that say its MAXED at 2mbps. I checked the slider after the update and it's range is 4mbps to 6mbps.

I will show a snapshot from my iPad when at home. I assure that P3A on DJI Go 2.4 can be set to 10Mbps. I don't know if it is really using, but it can be set.
PS: I've 32ch hack.

I don't seem to have this issue on my P3A ... not sure why ... although my setup is

P3A (1.4.x firmware)
Inspire controller (running 1.4.x firmware)

We do live streaming at events and I've always got a very solid picture from the HDMI port ... so I don't think it's the cameras image processor?

SO DON'T BUY THE ADVANCED MODEL IF YOU WANT TO USE THE HDMI OUT AS IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!

Thank you for pointing this out! I have some Headplays backordered to pair with my eventual purchase of a P3 Advanced and HDMI module. Now I guess I'll get the Pro instead. HD FPV is my #1 reason for upgrading from P2V+. Wow, I'd have been an unhappy dude had I discovered this after giving DJI another $1K.

To anyone looking at this thread: Don't know if it will help or not but this was the response from my LHS when I was trying to decide between the A and the P.

For us, 4K is a tool right now, not for output. By shooting in 4k and editing in 1080 we can then crop (zoom in) 200% without any image quality loss. Second is what is called chroma sub-sampling, which is how cameras save on storage space. Put simply, the brightness data is saved for every pixel. It the color data is only saved for every 4th pixel. When you take the 4K footage and render it out to 1080, you compress the data back together and end up with better looking 1080 video than had you shot in 1080. While the footage will look great on a 4K screen, rendering it out to 1080 will create exceptionally good 1080 video.
Hopefully this helps explain why you might want to go with the Phantom 3 Professional over the other models.

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
I find it very annoying when people like you wanna be spoon fed
I simply expect posters to fact check their own submissions, not presenting their assumptions and guesswork as facts.
So, do you have anything to backup your statement?
Or are you just trying to hide your ignorance?

I simply expect posters to fact check their own submissions, not presenting their assumptions and guesswork as facts.
So, do you have anything to backup your statement?
Or are you just trying to hide your ignorance?

Hmm guesswork as facts ....Lets see I installed the R/C update and saw there is an increase in the H/D transmission rate now..... Fact
Back up my statement......Like I said Im not gonna spoon feed you check your own goapp
Ignorance...hmmm must be bliss living in your world as you define the definition of the word.
:)

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I will show a snapshot from my iPad when at home. I assure that P3A on DJI Go 2.4 can be set to 10Mbps. I don't know if it is really using, but it can be set.
PS: I've 32ch hack.

That setting has been there for awhile. I have not updated my TX and I have that setting. It defaults to 6mbps by default but goes up to 10mbps. I'm not positive what this setting does, but it is does not define the quality of the live video seen on hdmi. Also remember that the TX hardware and firmware are the same between models !

I think the difference is because of the extra processing power on the Pro model. The processor on the Advanced is not able to process the recorded imagery AND send a higher quality live video at the same time, unfortunately.

I too would have purchased the Pro model had this been disclosed by DJI.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20