Phantom 3 Advance with GoPro with gimbal and lightbridge

Reaction score
So I'm curious to find out if this is possible, with the lightbridge that is already on the p3 pro/adv.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've seen videos online of people opening their p3p and p3a, the video from the camera is connected to the board for sure. I just can't make out if it's mini hdmi or not. So I guess my question is. Is this not possible because the board is locked to only take the DJI camera or because the board does not have a mini hdmi slot?

Who cares? It's not like GoPro cameras are any better anyway.

I've seen videos online of people opening their p3p and p3a, the video from the camera is connected to the board for sure. I just can't make out if it's mini hdmi or not. So I guess my question is. Is this not possible because the board is locked to only take the DJI camera or because the board does not have a mini hdmi slot?

Who cares? It's not like GoPro cameras are any better anyway.

Let's just say for the sake of modding in general. It doesn't necessarily have to be GoPro. What if your camera became damaged or you just want to try different cameras out.

Nope. If you want to try different cameras you need a professional setup like spreading wings.

Nope. If you want to try different cameras you need a professional setup like spreading wings.

What do you mean spreading wings?

Used to be said that this feat was impossible with the Vision+ but some folks eventually figured it out &, with some work, it could be done. So I won't say "absolutely cannot be done," but there is no way as of this point that I know of to achieve your goal. Because the P3 is even more integrated than the Vision+, and because the P3 camera is better (and cheaper) than the Vision+ camera, I'm not sure how motivated folks will be to take the time to figure out a way to perform the mod? Give it time and maybe...

One thing I have always appreciated about the Phantom Vision+/P3 series is how cleanly DJI integrated all the components. No wires dangling about. Everything is neatly tucked in so all you really see are the clean lines of the quad.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrVirtue
I see, forgive me I am still not satisfied with my answer lol.

Never mind the cost. What if I bought a lightbridge 2
fc24998d8bad17dd45460ec7c29eed32.jpg

Would it still not be possible to connect a GoPro? And would it be possible to use a third party gimbal?

I think I may also try to contact DJI directly to see what there thoughts are. If I get any answers I'll post them here in case anyone else would be interested.

If you are going to go to the trouble & expense of buying a Lightbridge 2 you may as well go all the way & build your own custom quad! :)

I see, forgive me I am still not satisfied with my answer lol.

Never mind the cost. What if I bought a lightbridge 2
fc24998d8bad17dd45460ec7c29eed32.jpg

Would it still not be possible to connect a GoPro? And would it be possible to use a third party gimbal?

I think I may also try to contact DJI directly to see what there thoughts are. If I get any answers I'll post them here in case anyone else would be interested.

Nobody has figured it out yet, I know someone that has been trying, he did one of the first Vision+/gopro conversations.

Like others have said, the P3 camera is just as good as the current gopro Hero 4, maybe is gopro come out with a better version more people will be trying.

I would be more interested in a P3 / Sony RX 100 conversition

Reactions: MrVirtue
I was goofing around on the web last night a found this really cool tear down of the p3p.

FPVing.Com | Phantom 3 Teardown

There's got to be a a way to input video. Somewhere in this thing lol.
dc16b7a3d9cc280cc67cdd27be48a49a.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl