Phantom 3 4K ARGtek

Glad to hear your up and flying,,,Yonkers looks very congested to me,,a lot of wifi interference I bet,,

Hey lee,you'll get more distance if you turn OFF the max distance in the go app,
0f8f223b63a3d1fdcbf2afa9e11a4529.jpg
Thanx i shall try that

Lee ,main controller settings ,,where it's says enable max distance,,make sure that it's slid to the left. If you don't see a option to put in a max distance then it's off,,

Make sure max distance is not enabled,,,just like the pic in post above,,

This video was posted by Argtek themselves. Can't imagine they got it wrong. From front to back, White wire on its' own, then black and lastly grey.

Last edited:
The video wasn't put up on YouTube by some random guy, it was put there by the company who make the product!
If your configuration is different to what is shown in this video and you are convinced it is correct, I can only assume there was a mistake made in assembly. i.e. the middle 5.8GHz connector and one of the outer 2.4GHz connectors swopped over.
Simplest way to tell would be to check continuity between the ground of the middle aerial connector and the crimped terminal on the white 5.8GHz lead. However, you broke one of the screws and are probably reluctant to take it apart to see.

Last edited:
I stand corrected on the wire colors ,I just ohm d mine out,,white is the 5.8ghz,,sorry lee,,
The pics on the internet for the p3 4K were wrong,,

Last edited:
One thing that Argtek did get wrong is they somehow managed to reverse the video. (Look at the writing on the 2.4GHz paddles.) This puts the port connectors on the left-hand side of the controller when they are actually on the right-hand side. Bet that confused some folk.

The video wasn't put up on YouTube by some random guy, it was put there by the company who make the product!
If your configuration is different to what is shown in this video and you are convinced it is correct, I can only assume there was a mistake made in assembly. i.e. the middle 5.8GHz connector and one of the outer 2.4GHz connectors swopped over.
Simplest way to tell would be to check continuity between the ground of the middle aerial connector and the crimped terminal on the white 5.8GHz lead. However, you broke one of the screws and are probably reluctant to take it apart to see.
Would i be able to just shuffle my antennas around being that they screw off? It actually flys better to me now thou! Before it werent even announcing "maximum altitude reached" i feel like im stuck now

I don't know how you could tell which was which without opening the case, lifting each cable off the board connectors and putting a continuity tester across each connector and each crimped cable terminal. I assume that once connected to the board, all the terminals would have the same ground, so each would need to be lifted off the board to be sure. If there is another way, hopefully someone will jump in and say.
I'm not advising you to do this. You may damage the board connectors if you are not careful. If you are happy that it is ok the way it is then you may chose to leave it alone. It is up to you. However if you have the wrong aerials on the wrong terminals there is a risk that the transmitters may be compromised.
My post was only to point anyone else doing this mod to follow the manufacturers video.

Last edited:
Lee since I'm the one that got it wrong ,,give me 10 min , I'll check out which port your back 5.8 ghz would be and you can just swap antennas,,no need to go back inside remote. ,sorry about all this,,

Ok lee, your far right port as you normally hold your remote,,is your 5.8ghz that should clear it up,,rytenuff,, thanks for straightening this up,,I was thinking wrong the whole time,,,

Rytenuff I just sent lee a pm,,I checked mine ,I still got one in a box,,you were right ,,I just had him move his 5.8 to the far Right port as if he was flying,,,all should be well,,and he wouldn't have to open his remote again,

Just read this: WiFi Range Extender Supplier - ARGtek Communication Inc. Limited

Features :

DJI Phantom 3 4K WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit

•DJI Phantom 3 4K WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit
•Two customized high-gain 2.4GHz~2.591GHz 7dBi panel & 1 5.8GHz 10dBi omni antenna, 1 5.8GHz 6dBi panel antenna with stand
•Lightweight, durable, practical and convenient to use in compact design
•Full range coverage, strong and stable signal improves both remote control and Wifi video connection performance.
•Our antenna kits will extend the range up to 4 times the DJI rating

Wonder how you can tell which panel antenna you have apart from the label. They look identical in the photo. It would explain why Lee's A/C flew with the apparent wrong aerial on the 5.8GHz connector.

From what I can make out the panels look identical except the 5.8GHz panels label says 6PA instead of 7PA on the 2.4GHz panels.
ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit • $62.50

Last edited:
The Youtube video is confusing, the controller is backwards (or the video reversed). Either way, it makes it difficult to see which wires go where. However, if you read down in the comments, ARGtek replies to a comment with the correct wire configuration. Hope this helps.

So i did a facebook live video yesterday an the video were choppy! I was annoyed by that.. any idea on wat Could cause that? It even kut short cause i were flying way longer that 20 seconds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT