Phantom 2 worked briefly, now constant yellow blink

Reaction score
I got my phantom 2 Saturday 4/19, fully charged the 2 batteries I bought, updated all firmware, calibrated the sticks on the controller, took it to a large field to fly, calibrated the compass, waited for the phantom 2 to connect to proper satellites, I started the motors, and slowly took off

After about 120 seconds of hovering at 10ft, the lights under the phantom 2 turned from green to yellow, and I lost all control of the drone. Absolutely no response from any movement of the sticks. It started to fly away, and fast. Went up to 30ft and away about 40ft. but then all the motors stopped in mid air and it plummeted from the sky

It was over grass. Zero damage done. However, I was able to briefly get the controller to connect again, but within 2 seconds of take off the lights turned yellow again and the motors stopped and it plopped down again. I have not been able to connect the remote to it since. Everytime I turn on the phantom, all I get is the yellow blinking lights meaning it can't find a controller to connect to.

There is a button on the underside which should bind the two but it just blinks red. No green blink indicating a successful bind.

Any help with my issue is greatly appreciated. Faulty RX maybe? Brand new batteries in controller

Just make sure your S1 and S2 switches on the transmitter (your remote control unit) are in the up position. Try re-calibrating again, also. Best of luck.

Have you made sure the batteries in the transmitter are ok (I know you said they were brand new however they could be faulty)? Maybe worth swapping them all out for some different ones.

The first part of the behaviour you described, shooting up in the air, flashing yellow, no control is what happens when the P2 goes into FailSafe. It's designed to climb to 20m, wait 20 seconds or so then return to home and land. What it's not surposed to do is power your motors off!

A faulty receiver could be the trouble here and if it is faulty, it may well have sent the 'dead-stick' command to the NAZA, killing the motors.

Change those batteries first and if you still don't get any joy I would RMA it.

footerman said:
Just make sure your S1 and S2 switches on the transmitter (your remote control unit) are in the up position. Try re-calibrating again, also. Best of luck.

The s1 and s2 are in the up position. But I can't calibrate the sticks because the quad has to connect to a transmitter to even do that. My phantom 2 refuses to connect to my transmitter after the first flight.

Bayarea32 said:
footerman said:

The s1 and s2 are in the up position. But I can't calibrate the sticks because the quad has to connect to a transmitter to even do that. My phantom 2 refuses to connect to my transmitter after the first flight.

Is it a rapid yellow blinking light or a slow one?

Bayarea32 said:
footerman said:

hang on there..."can't calibrate the sticks because the quad" did you run both the RC assistant AND the Phantom Assistant softwares? The phantom isn't involved at all utilizing the RC Assistant software, plugging in the controller via USB and upgrading that firmware and doing stick calibration.
then there's another RC calibration in the Phantom assistant but just wanted to make sure because my first few days I didn't realize there was separate RC assistant

Madwak said:
Bayarea32 said:
footerman said:

Is it a rapid yellow blinking light or a slow one?

It is constant.

QYV said:
Bayarea32 said:
footerman said:

hang on there..."can't calibrate the sticks because the quad" did you run both the RC assistant AND the Phantom Assistant softwares? The phantom isn't involved at all utilizing the RC Assistant software, plugging in the controller via USB and upgrading that firmware and doing stick calibration.
then there's another RC calibration in the Phantom assistant but just wanted to make sure because my first few days I didn't realize there was separate RC assistant

Good point, but I did upgrade the controller firmware as well with the RC assistant. But it still will not connect to my phantom. My retailer authorized and exchange today.
So hopefully my new unit will have no problems!

ah yes, equipment failures do happen good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl