Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Question: does the camera on the PV+ have same features as the GoPro Hero 3+ black? Or, is it basically the same as the fc200 on the "old" vision?

The camera specs for Vision and Vision + are on DJI website.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

happydogs said:
Question: does the camera on the PV+ have same features as the GoPro Hero 3+ black? Or, is it basically the same as the fc200 on the "old" vision?
It appears to be exactly the same camera as before, just re-packaged into a different body. Looks like they split the previous FC200 "egg" camera into two parts - the lens & sensor board are now in the small silver case, and the wifi board/antenna is now moved out of the camera, and attached under the aircraft body. The new design makes sense - less mass for the gimbal to move around. And probably helps improve the Wi-Fi range & reception, too.

jimre said:
happydogs said:
It appears to be exactly the same camera as before, just re-packaged into a different body. Looks like they split the previous FC200 "egg" camera into two parts - the lens & sensor board are now in the small silver case, and the wifi board/antenna is now moved out of the camera, and attached under the aircraft body. The new design makes sense - less mass for the gimbal to move around. And probably helps improve the Wi-Fi range & reception, too.

Thank you!

gpauk said:
Well, I only update any code, for anything, if it has a new feature I need or a fix I need. PV assist 3 has neither as far as I can tell so far!

"compass error notification" is listed as a feature of the current 3.0 firmware. Anyone have any idea what this is?

Just into my second sangria so thought I'd try and look at this objectively...

I think if the Vision platform is ask you're after and ask the aircraft you are ever going to fly you may as well but a V+ rather than a V.

If you already have a V and can't return it then I would say that 3 axis stability must be very important to you to justify the sale of your V to help fund the purchase of a V+. Assuming the used prices of Vs will now drop you'll probably be able to offload a mint one for 2/3 price of a new one, best case. So it's going to cost you about 900 US to upgrade.

Given that, and if you have any thought that you might upgrade to another airframe (Flamewheel 4 or 6 rotor or equivalent) then you will probably do better to buy a third party gimbal for your Vision that is capable of 3 axis stabilisation, is adaptable to other airframes and can carry other camera.

I agree with others that have said that the V+ is an upgrade dead end. The camera and gimbal unit is effectively bespoke. In order to get a better camera you would have to buy a whole new gimbal and camera unit if they keep the same form factor. This will suit some people fine, others not so much.

The silver lining is if you do sell your V to go towards reducing the price of a V+, and you already bought 2 or 3 spare batteries, just sell 1 with the V and carry the others forward to the V+...

Ain't you supposed to be on holiday????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you couldn't keep away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tizzl10 said:
I hate that amazon has a fake list price but sales it at msrp and say you are saving money. I got my P2V a while ago below msrp. How? I google and found a discount code for the internet dealer. It did not work, so I email then and asked for a code that work. They email back a code that worked.

Hence the second sangria (now third!). Just finding all the different reasons people have given for buying direct from DJI interesting... Have people checked out the returns policy on direct purchase from the DJI website and compared it to Amazon, for example? You don't have 30 days to change your mind fit one thing...

Pull_Up said:
Hence the second sangria (now third!). Just finding all the different reasons people have given for buying direct from DJI interesting... Have people checked out the returns policy on direct purchase from the DJI website and compared it to Amazon, for example? You don't have 30 days to change your mind fit one thing...
Hope you are enjoying yourself... You just don't know what you're missing... Here is the 10 day policy from DJI
Returns & Refunds Policy
Standard Return Policy
When returning a product purchased from DJI.com:
• You must be returning the item within 10 calendar days of the date of receipt unless otherwise stipulated by applicable laws.
• The item must be returned without personal damage. DJI has the right to refuse items returned showing damage resulting from misuse.
• Please ensure that it is returned with all cords, adapters and documentation included at delivery

Have a great time... time for another sangria?

Need your feedback and suggestions. I ordered a new Vision 2 on Friday, was posted today....obviously tomorrow when I will get it I can easily return it without even open the box.

The seller says is exactly the same as Vision 2 only has the gimbal he told me...you can practice on this one and then in one month update for the same amount of money to the new Camera Mount and Gimbal....

What should I do??

Oh well I got a brand one coming in the mail and fpvlr half dome and pinwheel for the extender if anyone's interested. Bit are in transit.
Just returned my pv2. Hope it fits in my tradecraft case.

Per DJI's website, the Range Extender for the Vision is 1.5Watts power consumption and for the + the range extender is 2Watts consumption. I would assume that is one factor re: added advertised wifi distance of the + over the Vision 2?

Interestingly enough the actual transmitter specs for the Vision is 125MW vs 100MW for the + version.

msecchi said:
Need your feedback and suggestions. I ordered a new Vision 2 on Friday, was posted today....obviously tomorrow when I will get it I can easily return it without even open the box.

The seller says is exactly the same as Vision 2 only has the gimbal he told me...you can practice on this one and then in one month update for the same amount of money to the new Camera Mount and Gimbal....

What should I do??
Who is the seller? Several members have responded that the new gimbal upgrade is not available for P2V.

I think the confusion is that the GIMBAL will not work with the egg-shaped camera from the regular vision.. but it seems reasonable that the gimbal AND new camera should be available at some point for purchase and be compatible.. I cannot imagine them retooling for a "new" phantom 2 frame just for these new features.. even the newer extender should be available at some point -- however -- I would bet that buying such pieces later will cost more than the package purchase..

AllanVB said:
msecchi said:

What should I do??
Who is the seller? Several members have responded that the new gimbal upgrade is not available for P2V.

Seller is an Italian company one of the 3 official DJI Reseller and one of the first five in EU

He is saying that in his experience the + will not be available until May depsite DJI reassurances.. and that the upgrade kit will be available from May I am pasting the Italian message I got. I think I will return mine!

"La circolare per Phantom 2 + prevede la spedizione a partire dal 18 aprile da Hong kong quindi il tempo degli arrivi sicuramente sara' per fine aprile se rispetterano le spedizioni, cosa al momento non veritiera per tutti i precedenti modelli.

Venderanno a partire da Maggio (cosi ci hanno comunicato ) un kit di upgrade per tutti i possessori del phantom 2 vision tutt'ora in commercio che e' praticamente identico rispetto a quello futuro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164