Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Earlier yesterday B&H didn't have Phantom Vision + on their site, yesterday night they show the same bundle as DJI web site.

Returned the P2V and placed an order for P2V+, but looks like I won't get it until May due to timing issue.

B&H is on holiday from 4/14 to 4/22. DJI is releasing Phantom on 4/15. So the order is likely to get processed on 4/23rd when they return. Another week or so for the order to get ship to me....

Can't wait.

wobble1 said:
I'm within my 30 day window to return my P2V to Amazon. It's of course opened but in like brand new condition...only 3 flights. Their return policy says that the package should be unopened. Are any of you having any trouble returning your P2V to Amazon in similar condition to get the P2V+? Thanks.

I too am within my 30 day window, and I have already mailed back my P2V to Amazon. I think their policy actually says "like new condition" not "brand new condition" with all the accessories and "original packaging". I didnt have every little plastic bag, but I did have a lot of them including the static bags and of course the egg crate and outside box, and the black manual case with all the manuals that was on top. The bird and every accessory are definitely "like new" as there are no scratches anywhere and it is fully operational. I am hoping that is good enough. I have to admit I am a bit nervous that they will reject it, but am confident and hopeful that they won't.

I will know tomorrow as that is when they are slated to receive it. Will report back.

BlackTracer said:
wobble1 said:
I'm within my 30 day window to return my P2V to Amazon. It's of course opened but in like brand new condition...only 3 flights. Their return policy says that the package should be unopened. Are any of you having any trouble returning your P2V to Amazon in similar condition to get the P2V+? Thanks.

I too am within my 30 day window, and I have already mailed back my P2V to Amazon. I think their policy actually says "like new condition" not "brand new condition" with all the accessories and "original packaging". I didnt have every little plastic bag, but I did have a lot of them including the static bags and of course the egg crate and outside box, and the black manual case with all the manuals that was on top. The bird and every accessory are definitely "like new" as there are no scratches anywhere and it is fully operational. I am hoping that is good enough. I have to admit I am a bit nervous that they will reject it, but am confident and hopeful that they won't.

I will know tomorrow as that is when they are slated to receive it. Will report back.

Good luck...I'll be sending mine tomorrow and report back as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wobble1 said:
BlackTracer said:
wobble1 said:

Good luck...I'll be sending mine tomorrow and report back as well.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I returned one 2 weeks ago and Amazon tried to charge me a restocking fee...$240... The phantom was brand new still in unopened box..and within 30 days. I complained and they credited me about $220... Cant imagine what they will do with all the returns. I might not give them any more business because of this.

When it becomes available, I will purchase mine through B&H.
I know this thread is not about reseller ratings, but I with B&H I can speak on the phone at any time with a knowledgeable human.
And they never question or challenge an honest transactions.

I cant understand what deluded businesses would accept a non defective product back from someone after they opened it and used the product and only reason they were sending it back was that there is a new shinier product just come on to the market.

GMANNZ said:
I cant understand what deluded businesses would accept a non defective product back from someone after they opened it and used the product and only reason they were sending it back was that there is a new shinier product just come on to the market.

I agree with you.
I didn't specify in my comment, but I was referring to a product whose packaging had never been opened.
If it's been opened and used .... then I would not accept it back.

Has there been any mention of the ability to upgrade the FC200 with the new V+ camera?

I cant seem to get DJI to replace my camera, which is left fuzzy. Now I think I should try and get the new camera instead.

Sledge said:
Has there been any mention of the ability to upgrade the FC200 with the new V+ camera?

I cant seem to get DJI to replace my camera, which is left fuzzy. Now I think I should try and get the new camera instead.

from what I have read from a post on here somewhere no it cant be done

I have one question I would want answered before ordering a Vision+, if you crash, how much does the replacement gimbal/camera combo cost?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think it is too optimistic to think there is a parts price list available already for the P2V+.

But being of extreme intelligence I can offer a guess. The P2V camera is 500 bucks. The difference between the P2V and the P2V+ is mostly the camera, and the difference in price is 100 bucks. So my guess is 600 bucks.

BobUnplugged said:
I think it is too optimistic to think there is a parts price list available already for the P2V+.

But being of extreme intelligence I can offer a guess. The P2V camera is 500 bucks. The difference between the P2V and the P2V+ is mostly the camera, and the difference in price is 100 bucks. So my guess is 600 bucks.

I'm sure DJI has a parts list and for however orders a Vision+ and damages this all in one camera/gimbal is going to stroke out if they have to order a replacement. I camera plus gimbal would be closer to $800-$900. My point is I would find out before ordering one.

This sort of question, and all our previous experience with dji using customers as beta testers, is exactly why all the smart people on this and other dji forums will wait and see this time. After all, we have perfectly good 'copters, quite often more than one.. So -- wait and see makes sense. If customers are cautious - it might also make dji pause and think for once about customer relations.

tedw123 said:
I have one question I would want answered before ordering a Vision+, if you crash, how much does the replacement gimbal/camera combo cost?

on Amazon you can buy an eXtended 4 year warranty. I wonder if that would be good in a flyaway incident? ;-/

Skipholiday said:
tedw123 said:

on Amazon you can buy an eXtended 4 year warranty. I wonder if that would be good in a flyaway incident? ;-/

Wow the decay of 20th century....

That wouldn't be ethical now would it? Warranty usually covers unit malfunction and repairs. Insurance covers accidents. I hope I understand that correctly. :)

On a warranty, you typically have the send the unit in for repair (and replacement if it can't be repair). If it's a fly away situation, not sure what someone would send in. :)

:D

yawnalot29 said:
Skipholiday said:
tedw123 said:

That wouldn't be ethical now would it? Warranty usually covers unit malfunction and repairs. Insurance covers accidents. I hope I understand that correctly. :)

On a warranty, you typically have the send the unit in for repair (and replacement if it can't be repair). If it's a fly away situation, not sure what someone would send in. :)

I would take a picture of the void in space and place it in the box. :geek:

Skipholiday said:
tedw123 said:

In 6 months to a year the P2V+ will be obsolete and the value will drop as the online price of the P2V has now dropped before the P2V+ has even shipped.

yawnalot29 said:
Skipholiday said:
tedw123 said:

I don't see a warranty question? I think it is a fair question, since the P2V FC200 costs $499 for a replacement, how much would the 3 axis unit on the P2V+ cost? Close to the cost of a new P2V+?

I don't really get the attitude of anyone who thinks they know whether it's smart for ME to get a P2V+.

Knowing whether it's smart for yourself is fine but having an opinion on whether I should get one is not an exhibition of brains in my opinion.

It's much more important to me that the P2V+ is available than that my P2V has now decreased in value. I buy these products for my personal enjoyment, not as financial investments. DJI does not owe it to me to protect resale value but I DO expect them to make something new available once they've developed it.

To ease myself off the soapbox I'll change the subject: this morning my stock P2V went over 1500' away (altitude of about 200 feet) without losing camera or control connection. That's a record for my particular P2V.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing