Phantom 2 Vision Plus

One of the videos talks about putting the gimbal into PFV mode so it shows roll. I asked about this a while ago because I like this affect in some videos. I also asked if the wifi range of the rp gimbal would be affected by the gimbal motors blocking the antennas. dji moved the antennas

So is dji spying of our posts?

MikeySoft said:
One of the videos talks about putting the gimbal into PFV mode so it shows roll. I asked about this a while ago because I like this affect in some videos. I also asked if the wifi range of the rp gimbal would be affected by the gimbal motors blocking the antennas. dji moved the antennas

I wonder where they put the antennas on the plus?

MikeySoft said:

Yes they read this forum. We are their beta testers/lab rats.

gfredrone said:
MikeySoft said:

+1... If you really pay attention to this forum and to DJI responses... it's pretty obvious that we're beta testing... I used to get PAID to beta test for Microsoft... in crappy software, but still... paid!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

I saw in a dji video that you plug a mini usb into the gimbal to download pic and videos. I assume it still has a SD card ? Wonder if there's an adapter to plug that into a mini ipad lightning connector.

Mori55 said:
I saw in a dji video that you plug a mini usb into the gimbal to download pic and videos. I assume it still has a SD card ? Wonder if there's an adapter to plug that into a mini ipad lightning connector.
the ad I read said it came with a 4gb micro sd same as pv2

gfredrone said:
MikeySoft said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mori55 said:

On your iPad just sync over wifi... no need for cables.

Skipholiday said:
It appears they've moved both the Wi-Fi board and antennas out of the camera housing. I'd guess they're both now in the housing just under the aircraft body.

I'm in... I ordered mine today...looks like this summer will be the "Summer of the Drone"... I bet we will see them everywhere...

Mori55 said:

From the Vision 2+ User Guide...

Micro-SD Slot
With flight battery powered off, make sure the Micro-SD card is inserted correctly into the Micro-SD Slot (in the gimbal) before
taking any photos or recording any video... The micro-USB port is illustrated in Figure 15...

Mori55 said:
Apple sells a Camera Connect Kit (CCK) for all iPads. They accept USB and SD cards in either 30 pin or Lightning. Easy way to get video imported directly to iPad. Must be in Apple compatible format (newbie here, unfamiliar with DJI video file formats). If you're interested in editing video on an iPad, check out Pinnacle Studio for iPad......way better that iMovie!

jimre said:
Skipholiday said:
It appears they've moved both the Wi-Fi board and antennas out of the camera housing. I'd guess they're both now in the housing just under the aircraft body.

I have pdf's of the FCC WiFi tests for p2v + . The antennas are now 2 dbi as apposed to 1dbi. They could have gone to linear PCB antennas rather than circular polar as in the p2v. I hope not. Circular polar are better for an aircraft. Unfortunately you can't post PDF's here. The FCC id is now on the aircraft rather than the camera.

I'm within my 30 day window to return my P2V to Amazon. It's of course opened but in like brand new condition...only 3 flights. Their return policy says that the package should be unopened. Are any of you having any trouble returning your P2V to Amazon in similar condition to get the P2V+? Thanks.

Geert said:
Agree, takes long time, specially for video.
I usually put the micro sd card in an adaptor and read it out on my iMac.

Geert.

Did I see somewhere where you ordered the Vision + and you also have a Rotorpixel Gimbal? Have you not been that satisfied with the Rotorpixel? I'm Rotorpixel order 456 and needing to cancel quick if I am but torn as nobody really knows "hands on" about Vision +. Basically if you want the freedom to use the app to take pictures and go back and forth between video and still shots while airborne, the only choice really is the Vision line. I wish DJI would focus on a couple of Phantom models versus 5, they would probably have more happy customers versus feeling screwed and confused as there is really no great all in one option.

tedw123 said:
Geert said:

Geert.

Did I see somewhere where you ordered the Vision + and you also have a Rotorpixel Gimbal? Have you not been that satisfied with the Rotorpixel? I'm Rotorpixel order 456 and needing to cancel quick if I am but torn as nobody really knows "hands on" about Vision +. Basically if you want the freedom to use the app to take pictures and go back and forth between video and still shots while airborne, the only choice really is the Vision line. I wish DJI would focus on a couple of Phantom models versus 5, they would probably have more happy customers versus feeling screwed and confused as there is really no great all in one option.
DJI pretty much owns the market and does as they please.

AllanVB said:
tedw123 said:
Geert said:

Geert.

DJI pretty much owns the market and does as they please.

DJI won't continue to own the market once a competitor comes in that knows how to service customers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing