Phantom 2 Vision Plus

I can't find anything from the actual CNET website regarding the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. If this was for real and maybe not an April fools joke I should be able to find a high def video on their channel for it. Strange.. And it is puzzling as to what kind of antennas are in that, there doesn't seem to be room even for antennas that are in the Phantom 2 Vision. I may just skip this all together and get a second Phantom which will be the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal and a DJI Lightbridge for 1080p video stream, yay! but expensive :?

Yojimbo007 said:
SilentAV8R said:
Yojimbo007 said:
Anyone know if the dji injunction in USA has been lifted?
If the phantom vision plus is announced this weekend .. Would they be allowed to sell it here in usa?

I bought a brand new P2V last Friday (1 week ago) from Aerial Media Pros in Costa Mesa, CA. They are an authorized dealer. They have TONS of stock. No worries. Wish they hd told me that the P2V+ was coming in a week, but oh well. :cry:

From what i understand the injunction does not effect existing inventory in the market... But no new inventory can be purchased and sold....
This would mean that the phantom vision plus nay be subject to this injunction..... If the injunction has not been lifted yet....
Just curios hiw this will effect things!

The folks I got mine from have loads of new DJI stuff coming in all the time.I have no idea what effect the injunction is having, but they seem to be getting new product with no issue.

BenDronePilot said:
I can't find anything from the actual CNET website regarding the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. If this was for real and maybe not an April fools joke I should be able to find a high def video on their channel for it. Strange.. And it is puzzling as to what kind of antennas are in that, there doesn't seem to be room even for antennas that are in the Phantom 2 Vision. I may just skip this all together and get a second Phantom which will be the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal and a DJI Lightbridge for 1080p video stream, yay! but expensive :?

I may go that route for the Lightbridge as well. Does the Lightbridge tell you the remaining battery power on the Phantom?

Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

I may go that route for the Lightbridge as well. Does the Lightbridge tell you the remaining battery power on the Phantom?

I'm still not getting the just of lightbridge....why is it so much better than getting FPV to a diversity monitor, or similar setup?

Sledge said:
Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

I'm still not getting the just of lightbridge....why is it so much better than getting FPV to a diversity monitor, or similar setup?

1080P FPV during flight.

Meaning, if you want to wear FPV goggles and fly true FPV in particular? Or even for those of us who fly 99% LOS and use FPV for just framing of shots?

Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

Yes you have full fancy telemetry information. It has a build in iOSD with all the information in a fancy display kind of like the P2V. Though it tells you specifically what the voltage is versus percentage left. Lightbridge may even work with a Phantom 2 Vision if you remove the Vision Camera, add a regular gimbal and gopro. Though for me I'd leave my vision as is or sell it. Get P2 with H3-3D then get Lightbridge for the ultimate FPV experience. Cause truth of the matter is the most fun part of FPV flying is the live real time flight video stream, more so than playing back the recording later.

BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

Yes you have full fancy telemetry information. It has a build in iOSD with all the information in a fancy display kind of like the P2V. Though it tells you specifically what the voltage is versus percentage left. Lightbridge may even work with a Phantom 2 Vision if you remove the Vision Camera, add a regular gimbal and gopro. Though for me I'd leave my vision as is or sell it. Get P2 with H3-3D then get Lightbridge for the ultimate FPV experience. Cause truth of the matter is the most fun part of FPV flying is the live real time flight video stream, more so than playing back the recording later.

I agree. I'm hoping they release a full HD FPV ready to fly Vision in the future with a three axis gimbal.

Scottrod said:
I agree. I'm hoping they release a full HD FPV ready to fly Vision in the future with a three axis gimbal.

I agree, one can only hope, but that's not going to be the Vision+. I think at best they may up the FPV quality in the next Vision to 640x480 30FPS with maybe a slightly faster than 54mbps wireless G wifi speed. If the current vision was MIMO like some speculate it would be a faster data rate, so the Vision in my opinion is definitely a diversity antenna setup. Either way if this Cnet video is accurate the main big upgrade is going to be the 3axis gimbal, it's anyone's guess if the camera specs will be the same otherwise.

I'm pretty sure we've been had, and that the supposed CNET video was a spoof. You'll find if you try to access that video through the Yahoo link that it's no longer available for view.

Me, I'm back to square one, waiting to see if DJI will introduce any new Vision model.

Bigbells said:
I'm pretty sure we've been had, and that the supposed CNET video was a spoof. You'll find if you try to access that video through the Yahoo link that it's no longer available for view.

Me, I'm back to square one, waiting to see if DJI will introduce any new Vision model.

I can pretty much categorically tell you, you are wrong. I have seen spy photos of P2V+ taken by people a couple of months ago when they saw some unnamed chinese guys playing with one and the camera on them looked identical to the one in the CNET video....So I doubt a reputable publication would a)do a spoof b)happen to create an elaborate hoax that perfectly matches the spy shots I've seen.

The video is real, the P2V+ is real and it's exactly what we are getting...

djayz said:
Bigbells said:

I can pretty much categorically tell you, you are wrong. I have seen spy photos of P2V+ taken by people a couple of months ago when they saw some unnamed chinese guys playing with one and the camera on them looked identical to the one in the CNET video....So I doubt a reputable publication would a)do a spoof b)happen to create an elaborate hoax that perfectly matches the spy shots I've seen.

This is true. We also saw the new skids in a picture on a DJI Facebook post but they said it was just one of their stock photos. The P2V+ is real.

gfredrone said:
djayz said:
Bigbells said:

This is true. We also saw the new skids in a picture on a DJI Facebook post but they said it was just one of their stock photos. The P2V+ is real.
I hope you're right that I am wrong. Someone pointed out that the CNET video cannot be found on cnet.com. This causes me to wonder whether the video we saw was done by someone who only pretended to be CNET.

Also, the founder of this Forum started a thread here: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11656
I do not understand what is being said in that thread, although I had seen the April Fool's joke to which he refers. He does say that we won't know anything until Monday regarding a P2V+.
I've got no horse in this race, just trying to figure out what's going on. The on-board video that was shown in the no-longer-available CNET video was disappointing in quality, so I hope that was NOT footage from a P2V+.

Bigbells said:
I hope you're right that I am wrong. Someone pointed out that the CNET video cannot be found on cnet.com. This causes me to wonder whether the video we saw was done by someone who only pretended to be CNET.

Also, the founder of this Forum started a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11656
I do not understand what is being said in that thread, although I had seen the April Fool's joke to which he refers. He does say that we won't know anything until Monday regarding a P2V+.
I've got no horse in this race, just trying to figure out what's going on. The on-board video that was shown in the no-longer-available CNET video was disappointing in quality, so I hope that was NOT footage from a P2V+.

You can't judge any sort of picture quality with this video given the video itself is very low quality. If this video was available on CNET directly and as a High Quality High Definition video you could make a better judgement then. But even that would be off as you wouldn't be seeing the pure untouched raw video. In summary, the video is not very telling as to what the potential quality of this other camera will be. I suspect it wont be much better if any better at all than the current camera.

If they call this the 2 plus changes can't be that amazing or they would have called it a 3.
Find it hard to believe DJI would build a camera better than the GoPro (unless its a rebranded Gopro).
The inflight video doesn't appear that great either.
So we have an improved gimbal, an equivalent and lighter looking camera which possibly explains the additional flight time and that's about it.
That would make perfect sense - they don't kill the sales of the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse Gimbal, and they take over the 2 vision Gimbal sales going to third party producres.
However if they do provide a camera as good or better than the Gopro, that would be amazing and I'd certainly go for it but for that price I think I'm dreaming

Android Version.

What's New
Version 1.0.39:
1. Support for PHANTOM 2 Vision+.
2. Added display of the battery level of the remote extender.
3. Added support for renaming of the SSID of the remote extender and binding by manually input of the MAC of the camera.
4. Changed the display style of the attitude ball to make it easier to know the current status of the quadcopter.
5. Added support for flight limitation in no-fly zone.

There are new screen shots when you start the app showing the silver camera, so the CNET video is correct.

Attachments

• 2014-04-06 13.26.23.png
    2014-04-06 13.26.23.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 740
  • 2014-04-06 13.26.28.png
    2014-04-06 13.26.28.png
    380 KB · Views: 716
  • 2014-04-06 13.26.55.png
    2014-04-06 13.26.55.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 774
Maximum attachments is set to 3, hence double post - Adam this can be fixed in the ACP > General > Attachment Settings > Maximum number of attachments per post...can you also do something about image posting it's a hassle have to resize images when there are so many PHPBB plugins that do a good job of this allowing both preview and the full sized image.

Changes to the phone app (had to shrink them so they fit in the window):

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-11.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 694
  • Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-23.png
    263 KB · Views: 679
  • Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-06-14-29-37.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 664

Recent Posts