Phantom 2 Vision Plus

007trains said:
Wonder how hard its gonna be to modify the new camera. looks pretty well built so may be difficult to crack open.
But sounds like we won't find out till its released which i reckon we'll be lucky to get this year.
Personally i reckon a gimbal upgrade on the current vision will still rival the vision plus unless DJI has more up their sleeve
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lw7x ... ision_tech

keri only has weeks left
mass cancelations start now

cougar said:
Happy I decided to return my Vision unopened when it arrived from DJI for a refund.
Way better deal to get the gimbal already on without any loss in flying time for very little more $.
If a upgrade kit will be available it will probably cost way more. :)
Does look as though it will just bolt onto the bottom of the Vision. I agree it will probably not be cost effective as DJI want £340 just for a replacement FC200 so an improved camera and 3 axis gimbal will be a lot more.
007trains said:
Wonder how hard its gonna be to modify the new camera. looks pretty well built so may be difficult to crack open.
But sounds like we won't find out till its released which i reckon we'll be lucky to get this year.
Personally I reckon a gimbal upgrade on the current vision will still rival the vision plus unless DJI has more up their sleeve
Just down to how good the new camera is. If it is significantly better (which it looks) then it will be far superior to an existing P2V with 2 axis gimbal upgrade. I hope DJI release a full size raw still image so we can really see the quality otherwise we will have to wait until the first deliveries are made.
As regards availablility I reckon it could be very soon as DJI know the sales of the original model will slump.

Mori55 said:
Today's the last day I could return my vision. Not sure if I should. I have the tradecraft case , fpvlr antennas on the way.
Don't even know if the v+ would fit in the case.
May not even be available till summed.
Plus I'm a little concerned with dji products when they first come out. Always seem to be bugs with them.
If it's only the camera and gimbal I don't see where you couldn't upgrade it if needed it.
Decisions , decisions.
I would be very tempted to return yours as there could be some heavy discounting of the old model. Maybe worth approaching your dealer to find out if they would credit you any difference should you decide to keep it.

pault said:
cougar said:
Happy I decided to return my Vision unopened when it arrived from DJI for a refund.
Way better deal to get the gimbal already on without any loss in flying time for very little more $.
If a upgrade kit will be available it will probably cost way more. :)
Does look as though it will just bolt onto the bottom of the Vision. I agree it will probably not be cost effective as DJI want £340 just for a replacement FC200 so an improved camera and 3 axis gimbal will be a lot more.

hard to say the new vision price is quoted at 1300 so only a 100 above the current model.
With that said the fc200 is 499.00 so even if the upcharge it a bit for new model it wont be that much more than a
rotorpixel or dronex gimble alone

Cant see it going much higher than 600.00 since the whole craft is only 1300.00

DKDarkness said:
Geert said:
https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2-vision-010345953-cbs.html

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lw7x ... ision_tech alternate link. Yahoo didn't work for me.
Thanks. Yahoo also didn't work for me.

The price is good if I did not already have a P2V. I'm waiting for more info such as if my P2V can be updated and for what price. I'm not the type that updates my smart phone every time a new one comes out. To me, this is the same but I'm open to get more info before I make up my mind.

Edit with PS
I notice the propts show up in the video.

PPS
Are the landing gear longer? I can grab my P2V before it lands and if the + has longer legs, it may be a requirement to do so when there is any wind.

The only reason I never interesting for the phantom vision was that it didn't come with a brushless gimbal but now this change,so this is going to be my next phantom.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Don't sell it just keep it for spare parts.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Another very big factor is the 25 min. flying time with the new gimbal, if my information is correct it seems that all other gimbal solutions have reduced flying time due to added weight?

cougar said:
Another very big factor is the 25 min. flying time with the new gimbal, if my information is correct it seems that all other gimbal solutions have reduced flying time due to added weight?
Well it's the Sam battery, and they said that was 25 min. If your just hovering and running the battery all the way down.

Well I emailed them. To day is the. 30 day but there closed. Let's see how good their customer service is !
I don't care if they just gave me a credit till it came out.
Don't have anything to lose it only has about 5 flights on it.

To me it looks like the camera/gimbal sits to far back on the PV2+, you think DJI would have thought that out a bit to avoid seeing props and skids.

SilentAV8R said:
Yojimbo007 said:
Anyone know if the dji injunction in USA has been lifted?
If the phantom vision plus is announced this weekend .. Would they be allowed to sell it here in usa?

I bought a brand new P2V last Friday (1 week ago) from Aerial Media Pros in Costa Mesa, CA. They are an authorized dealer. They have TONS of stock. No worries. Wish they hd told me that the P2V+ was coming in a week, but oh well. :cry:

From what i understand the injunction does not effect existing inventory in the market... But no new inventory can be purchased and sold....
This would mean that the phantom vision plus nay be subject to this injunction..... If the injunction has not been lifted yet....
Just curios hiw this will effect things!

Anybody got any idea what they have done with 2 antennas that were in the old camera cos the new one doesn't look big enough?

Madwak said:
Anybody got any idea what they have done with 2 antennas that were in the old camera cos the new one doesn't look big enough?

From the pictures and video stills it looks like they might have moved them up to the area just under where the gimbal attaches to the airframe. Probably in there with the gimbal control board if I had to guess.

Yojimbo007 said:
SilentAV8R said:
Yojimbo007 said:
Anyone know if the dji injunction in USA has been lifted?
If the phantom vision plus is announced this weekend .. Would they be allowed to sell it here in usa?

I bought a brand new P2V last Friday (1 week ago) from Aerial Media Pros in Costa Mesa, CA. They are an authorized dealer. They have TONS of stock. No worries. Wish they hd told me that the P2V+ was coming in a week, but oh well. :cry:

From what i understand the injunction does not effect existing inventory in the market... But no new inventory can be purchased and sold....
This would mean that the phantom vision plus nay be subject to this injunction..... If the injunction has not been lifted yet....
Just curios hiw this will effect things!
The injunction also does not stop dji from using dealers not on the list and from dji from getting new dealers. There may be other things going on we do not know about. The trial due to start this august well be interesting to say the least. The link in my sig has a news report with more info including a link to the judge's statement and opinion of why he granted the injunction.

tedw123 said:
To me it looks like the camera/gimbal sits to far back on the PV2+, you think DJI would have thought that out a bit to avoid seeing props and skids.

yeah right?.....that instantly lowers the value of the footage....and platform

It dawns on me, that there is something basically wrong with the design. If DJI are going to use a camera with roughly the same design as the GoPro hero 3, why don't they use more of the design of the ZenMuse H3-3D? Would DJI use a gimbal with the electronics between the two vibration plates, like the cheap Goodluckbuy gimbals? An exposed wire from one of the gimbal motors. I am tempted to call the video fake. Or at least an early prototype.

Mav456 said:
****. Looks like ****. And it looks like a long wait, for the ****.
I think its too early for anybody to make assumptions. I like my P2V (third time around), it just took sometime to build it right. Might be the same with this new bird :) :)

Colors
Available in multiple colors (White, Black, Grey, Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Green & Orange)

Is this info for real, or the april fools joke that was posted a few days ago ?.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT