Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Seahorse said:
Android Version.

What's New
Version 1.0.39:
1. Support for PHANTOM 2 Vision+.
2. Added display of the battery level of the remote extender.
3. Added support for renaming of the SSID of the remote extender and binding by manually input of the MAC of the camera.
4. Changed the display style of the attitude ball to make it easier to know the current status of the quadcopter.
5. Added support for flight limitation in no-fly zone.

There are new screen shots when you start the app showing the silver camera, to the CNET video is correct.

"Wi-Fi range extended to 800m max" out-of-the-box sounds VERY appealing.

Oh Yeah .... the P2V+ is real, and it's exactly the upgrade a photographer/videographer like me and my wife need at this point.
Along with the tremendous stability it offers, we'll get a camera with a lens that can ZOOM in on a target (oh, don't worry about seeing props and legs folks!), and we get AVCHD CABAL lossless video, a vast improvement over the native H.264 mp4 from the FC200.
Cheers to DJI! It's not Canon, SONY, or NIKON, but capabilities .... but it'll do until then.
And frankly, I have no time to build and test my own rig.

Very nice...and i like the stripped down camera housing to keep the weight down. For those wanting zoom capability, I'm afraid it doesnt look like it can do any zooming. Not from what can be seen on the updated app at least.

800m wifi range is really tempting. I wonder what the increase in Tx range would be for this one

Flighttime said:
Very nice...and i like the stripped down camera housing to keep the weight down. For those wanting zoom capability, I'm afraid it doesnt look like it can do any zooming. Not from what can be seen on the updated app at least.

800m wifi range is really tempting. I wonder what the increase in Tx range would be for this one

The ZOOM may be optical. But in any case, I'll take 3-axis stability at this point and the AVCHD video.

Mosleyh said:
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Vision-Quadcopter-Camera/dp/B00J8JLOA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396793254&sr=8-1&keywords=Phantom+vision%2B

$1,999 ???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Distinct lack of detail on Amazon, where are people getting the idea this has a zoom lens?

On the plus side, at that price point it doesn't devalue the models we have nearly as much as it would with a more reasonable price.

I put in an order just for grins. With amazon's 30 day return policy I don't see a big downside to sitting on an unopened one for a couple of weeks to see what happens with reviews, etc.

Seems like a more reasonable price point than the $1300 rumor that has been tossed around. For starters, it would kill the sales of the existing P2V, and additionally it would leave cash on the table for them, since lots of folks are already willing to fork over $1200 for the current model and so ought to be willing to go quite a bit further for a 3-axis gimbal and a better camera.

It also makes the price point for 3rd-party P2V gimbal products a whole lot more reasonable, so don't cancel those preorders just yet.

After the initial shock I'm a little disappointed they didn't attempt a redesign of the landing gear or camera mounting position to keep the legs out of view

Idk 1999 is a little high for me. I'm not going to justify itfor dji. I reay think no matter what the price , people on these forums would justify it. For that price I'll keep my vision.
We're not all professional photographers.

Mori55 said:
Idk 1999 is a little high for me. I'm not going to justify itfor dji. I reay think no matter what the price , people on these forums would justify it. For that price I'll keep my vision.
We're not all professional photographers.

I'm in the same boat $2000 is alot to ask and i really only use mine for FPV with the occasional photo op when it appears

But then again many users are willing to buy a P2V + 3rd party 2D gimbal (Rotapixel) + 3rd axis upgrade (When Rotapixel release it) so not much difference in cost. If the new camera is MUCH better than the FC200 then the P2V+ could be a good option for users that want the added quality and stability.

Yeah with a extender antenna ang aftermarket gimbal I'm still cheaper. Plus who knows about the camera ?
I just wish people would say the price is to instead of well that's okay at that price point. Don't they realize that dji checks these forums out ? If they get the feedback that everyone is complaining it's to expensive maybe they'll listen. Idk but I'm not happy at 1999.

Mori55 said:
Yeah with a extender antenna ang aftermarket gimbal I'm still cheaper. Plus who knows about the camera ?
I just wish people would say the price is to instead of well that's okay at that price point. Don't they realize that dji checks these forums out ? If they get the feedback that everyone is complaining it's to expensive maybe they'll listen. Idk but I'm not happy at 1999.
Not happy about price :(
I would have to sell one of three phantom 2 visions I have to justify? Is it worth it? I am going to order on Amazon and wait for the reports... if not favorable, I will return

xgeek said:
But then again many users are willing to buy a P2V + 3rd party 2D gimbal (Rotapixel) + 3rd axis upgrade (When Rotapixel release it) so not much difference in cost. If the new camera is MUCH better than the FC200 then the P2V+ could be a good option for users that want the added quality and stability.
I understand what your saying , But they gave us a shitty camera and a piece of **** gimbal when they were touting pro quality!

$1599 should be the price point if DJI had any business savy.

Where are you all getting the other details?

Don't you think it's funny how yesterday the price was 1399 and everyone thought that's great ! Now today it goes up to 1999?
Guess we should of kept are mouths shut.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119