Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Vision First & Last to Fly Inside Vikings Stadium

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Qwadjok, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Qwadjok

The Minneapolis Metrodome where the Vikings play is being torn down to build a new state of the art stadium. As a result, many of the area RC guys were flying in there on the last day 12/20/2013 that anyone could get in. I heard about this and rushed down to the dome so I could get the DJI photographed in there before they demolished it. The WiFi didn't work in there so I was not able to get any video from the quad, but did get some from my cell phone.

The DJI 2 Vision is the first and last quadcopter to fly in the dome. I was the last pilot to land before security rallied everyone to pack up. I was lucky, all I had was 30 minutes to fly before it all ended.

My girl was the last RC to fly in the Minneapolis Metro Dome. Hope you all like the shots. If I can find a way to get my video now transferred from my cell phone to the PC, I will load it here also. When the new stadium is completed in 2015, I will try to be the first DJI pilot in there also.

Attached Files:

2. Pull_Up

Re: Phantom 2 Vision First & Last to Fly Inside Vikings Stad

Nice memento. Just put the SD card into a card reader and transfer to PC that way.

3. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

Man... Wouldn't it be awesome to have access to that place for the rest of the winter?

-slinger

4. Qwadjok

Yup, but with the old being torn down and a new facility not ready for two years, we have a lot of snowy days ahead before we can do this again.

I still fly outside, but when it gets close to zero outside, my cell phone freezes up. I find if I can stay above 20 degrees F. it does better but I do have a lot of open space here in the countryside.

QJ