Phantom 2 Vision Destroyed on First Flight

1.0.34 is the latest app version... On the N7 when there's an update you can get it via the app's about... update menu. But for now you are 100% up to date!

UAVInsurance said:
Update - I've been in contact with my dealer, Koozam, who is an authorized dealer and they are trying to arrange a return. I did purchase through Amazon who has also advised that they will assist.

Just wanted to say, UAVInsurance, that, having had the same thing happen to me, I very much sympathize with your situation!

This said, one thing I have learned (and I'm sure you know this already) is to always buy directly from Amazon, not from one of their outside vendors. Sometimes you pay a little more or have to wait a bit because they are out of stock but I find that Amazon itself is very accommodating and quick acting with customer service and returns if that is ever required. Their outside vendors are often not as well equipped to deal with anything other than order processing.

This is not at all directed at Koozam or any other specific vendor however. Just a general observation based on past experience.

Best of luck.

Okay, here's the deal.

Amazon was wonderful in that they kept contact with me to make sure I was being taken care of by the retailer.

The retailer, Koozam, did respond to all emails in a timely manner. Most however were saying that they needed a couple days to arrange the return and were trying to contact DJI. It actually sounds like the dealers even have problems contacting DJI. In the end, I was the one who got all the authorizations and did the work.

Surprisingly, I received an email from DJI in China saying that the battery had a bug and to return it to my retailer. My guess is that DJI knows that the batteries are a problem but have no clue how many are out there and so just accept it. I forwarded that DJI email to the retailer. The retailer responded immediately authorizing return so they must know the person who emailed me and accepted that as authorization. Shortly after, I got an RA number from Amazon along with a mailing label.

I FedExed the box back and after it was delivered, I followed up with Koozam and they advised that they would credit my account immediately upon notification from their receiving department. Not sure how big Koozam is but anyhow, that's how it went.

So far it's been a big pain in the butt however it has been satisfactorily handled. Of course, I'm still waiting for the credit but I have so much documentation at this point from every party in the chain that I don't worry about my CC company seeing my side of the deal.

I'll let you all know if anything else goes awry......

Final Entry: DJI did confirm via email that there is a bug in the battery. They approved return via email to me which I forwarded to the retailer, Koozam, Inc.. I returned the defective and damaged product and was notified that my money had been returned by way of credit to my card the next morning.

Koozam, Inc. was very responsive to all emails and never ignored any of them. The most concerning aspect of this incident aside from the potential liability claims, was having to rely upon DJI to respond. In the end, DJI stood behind the product as did the retailer and I have to say that it was handled appropriately.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl