Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

I just tried to order, It says not available again. :shock: Will they be available again?

Happened to me as well. Ribbon cable broke. Has anyone had any success with the aftermarket ribbons? I have looked and looked for a video showing the replacement with no luck.

Hopefully the DJI ribbons will be available soon... Any suggestions?

hunch, where are you buying your DJI cables from?

Well played, sir :)

you will need to do advanced IMU calibration. like i've said, i did about 20 replacements in past 30 days and i didn't calibrate anything but Calibration in the assistant.

acrain said:
Happened to me as well. Ribbon cable broke. Has anyone had any success with the aftermarket ribbons? I have looked and looked for a video showing the replacement with no luck.

Hopefully the DJI ribbons will be available soon... Any suggestions?

I purchased and installed one of ATKDrones ribbon cables and I think the quality is better than the original. They are also reasonable in doing it for you!
RB

First of all many thanks towards that wonderful service DDM has provided.
Shipment = very fast, shipping cost = very acceptable and cheap for the service provided, included feedback on tracknr, shipment info etc...!

Finally found some time to replace the ribbon cable on a V+ camera.
All parts were put together from 2 wrecked camera's and are in perfect shape.
It toke me 2 hours to manage it because i wanted to be extremely careful, checking every step a 100 times before executing and again 100 times after it was done before removing the paper from the adhesive on the ribbon cable.
I have 2 working camera's for reference so i had a good source to compare with.
The baseplate has been working with a CCTV camera before i got that ribbon cable and the bird had some several IMU calibrations because its my practice bird that was involved in several severe crashes and extensive mods.
Its been repaired way beyond normal usage LOL.
Anyway i could manage to get the camera working again but it does do that gimbal dance.
My questions are:

1) Is it due to the baseplate that had some kinda short or whatever when the original camera setup was wrecked ?
In that case i can pull out a working baseplate from a other camera to check or i can mount the camera without the gimbal working or even detached as the videofeed from the camera works with that replacement ribbon cable.

2) Could it be due to the several IMU calibrations that i get that gimbal dance ?

Any advice on how to proceed this issue is appreciated.
Greetings
TTP

Mine too continues to dance. The only other suggestion I've seen to this point was a possible pinched gimbal cable where it passes the battery chamber. The grey harness does get pinched by insertion of the battery pack at the back of the chamber and should be inspected.

Just ordered my cable, thanks for all the info here.

Hi K,
The potentiometers on each axis often cause this too if they are damaged. Check the ohm values.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=7514
Cheers,
Jim
kryan said:
Mine too continues to dance. The only other suggestion I've seen to this point was a possible pinched gimbal cable where it passes the battery chamber. The grey harness does get pinched by insertion of the battery pack at the back of the chamber and should be inspected.

Hi everybody,

May i know if the ribbon cable is still available for sales at Daves Motors? Any recent purchase from them?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
graham88 said:
Hi everybody,

May i know if the ribbon cable is still available for sales at Daves Motors? Any recent purchase from them?
Thanks a lot!
Just got a email this evening that they are now available again.

I got an email from these guys that the cables were back in stock so I ordered a pair. You never know, right? They arrived yesterday (Feb 25 2015). 2 for $50.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl