Phantom 2 not RTH at 20% in Naza mode

Reaction score
My Phantom doesn't RTH at low battery when in Naza mode. Is this normal?

YES.

Page 24 & 25 of the P2 manual (rev 1.1) states:

The low battery capacity warning alerts users when the battery is close to depletion during flight. When it appears,
users should promptly fly back and land to avoid accidental damage. The PHANTOM 2 has two levels of low battery
capacity warning. The first appears when the battery has less than 30% power and the second appears when it has
less than 15% power.

(1) When battery power drops below 30% and LED indicator will blink red slowly.
(2) At lower than 15% the LED indicator will blink red rapidly, the PHANTOM 2 will also begin to descend and
land automatically
. After it has landed, keep the throttle stick at its lowest point or execute CSC.
(3) There is a hidden third low battery threshold in addition to the 1st and 2nd level warnings. This uses 10.65V
as its threshold. Both this voltage threshold and the 2nd Level Low Battery Warning will trigger auto-landing.
Altitude can be maintained if necessary by pushing up on the throttle stick.

Personally I have never 'tested' it. ;)

It also will not RTH if it has lost satellite connection as it has no way of knowing where it is or where the hompoint is. You didn't say what your flight environment was. You could be below a cliff, behind tall trees or buildings. All will block good satellite lock and cause a RTH failure.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

locoworks said:
VoicOfReason said:
My Phantom doesn't RTH at low battery when in Naza mode. Is this normal?

is the low battery RTH function activated in settings?

I have not seen the option in the Assistant s/w.

The option in Assistant 3.2 is under "advanced" - "battery" - "battery level warning threshold" then check go-home.

You need to have the latest FW on your Phantom (v3.06)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407204.850276.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407204.850276.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 478
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407356.599434.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407356.599434.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 529
What settings are in "gimbal" tab if you don't mind me asking ?
I have P2V+ and running 3.2 assistant and don't have that tab...

justin00 said:
What settings are in "gimbal" tab if you don't mind me asking ?
I have P2V+ and running 3.2 assistant and don't have that tab...

It has settings that control the range of motion, and speed of motion, of the Zenmuse gimbal on a P2.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411411568.267921.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411411568.267921.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 346
Gimbal Setting

Settings

"Tilt Control Gain" changes the movement speed of the gimbal. The higher the value the quicker the gimbal translates controller input.
Adjust "Horizontal Limit" and "Vertical Limit" to change the gimbal’s tilt endpoints. Angle limits are shown below:

If FPV mode is checked, the gimbal will roll with the aircraft and incur horizon tilt. If FPV mode is unchecked, the gimbal will not roll and try to maintain a level horizon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl