Phantom 2 + Dronexpert RX100 kit + DJI iOSD-mini

stereojet said:
This crowd do remotes for RX100m2 which can be hooked up to transmitter by looks of it.
http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/compatibility.htm
Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

That's for an RX100 Mark II. I've seen a few shutter release remotes that will work with that model at long distance.

Ciao

Pete

Peter Evans said:
Just to finish this story, I've just been ordering more kit from Studiospot.fr and I noticed that the Dronexpert RX100 mount has disappeared from their website.

That is interesting - I wonder if they have given up or going to do a redesign .....
The sales of the existing mount must have stopped now anyway.

o/t Further confirmation that the V+ camera is of the same spec as the FC200:

"Hello Paul, I talked to DJI representatives at NAB Show Las Vegas this year they were Showing the new PV+ and I did ask the same question and their respond was that the camera did not change still the same camera from the previous Vision however DJI move things around so the camera circuit boards do not look the same."

Source: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12655&p=120310#p120310

pault said:
Peter Evans said:
Just to finish this story, I've just been ordering more kit from Studiospot.fr and I noticed that the Dronexpert RX100 mount has disappeared from their website.
That is interesting - I wonder if they have given up or going to do a redesign .....

I hope they do a redesign. The review I wrote has had over 150 views in less than three days. I never thought there would be so much interest in such a niche item :shock: so there is obviously a market for something decent at the right price.

Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with Studiosport; my H3-3D, GoPro and all the necessary FPV gear is going to be shipped today :D While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I'm going to test my RX100 'support' - I just need to pop up to a friend's house and bum a bit of fishing line off him ;)

Peter Evans said:

Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with Studiosport; my H3-3D, GoPro and all the necessary FPV gear is going to be shipped today :D While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I'm going to test my RX100 'support' - I just need to pop up to a friend's house and bum a bit of fishing line off him ;)

Have fun with your new set up. Always a bummer when things are shipped on a Friday and you have to wait the whole w/e for it to arrive !

Looking forward to seeing the results :)

Peter Evans said:
pault said:
Peter Evans said:

I hope they do a redesign. The review I wrote has had over 150 views in less than three days. I never thought there would be so much interest in such a niche item :shock: so there is obviously a market for something decent at the right price.

I was also going to order the gimbal, but after you experience... not touching it... BTW, it is still listed on their site??
Keep up the posting and blogging. I am waiting for you success with the sony.
Thanks

AllanVB said:
BTW, it is still listed on their site??
Keep up the posting and blogging. I am waiting for you success with the sony.
Thanks

Yep, it's still there, and still misrepresented
http://dronexpert.nl/product/dji-ph...e-shutter-integrated-hdmi-to-video-converter/

Studiosport shipped my H3-3D etc. at 16:40 today and I've just had a text from Chronopost that it will be delivered tomorrow morning :D

So, this weekend I'll see what I can do re decent video and decent stills. The problem is a very bad weather forecast here for the next few days

I'll update as soon as I'm able.

Everything arrived at 13:30.

P*ssing with rain today so, I managed to get the iOSD-mini, ImmersionRC and Zenmuse interference board all wired up inside the shell. I tested it and I see the telemetry, so it looks good so far. Hey, I'm quite proud of myself! :D

Tomorrow is the day I cut the hole for the H3-3D, connect the GoPro and test for FPV

stereojet said:
Good luck Pete.

This seems to be getting close:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9796&start=50

Not sure how it can be controlled though.
Yes, it looks like the RX mount is just a few days away. Still does not get round the three problems of fpv, telemetry & triggering the camera (not to mention adjusting the camera's position in flight) so I am not sure what can be done with it other than continuous video or interval based stills.

Sounds like great excitement in France - hopefully the weather will improve for you !

stereojet said:
I think firing and control with Mk2 can be done using bits from these people.

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/compatibility.htm

Yes that's right, but not with the original (and lighter) RX100, unfortunately

PS
I've received and fitted my H3-3D and GoPro 3+ BE
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12870&p=123290#p123290
and I've figured out how to get it to carry the RX100 too. I just need to get some bits tomorrow from town and then I'll post the results of my efforts later tomorrow or on Tuesday.

How is the focus on your 3+ Black. I took a wrench to mine the other day and its made a big difference for me. I also have a Hero 3 Black with the same focus problem. It lets me compare the before and after.

Shrimpfarmer said:
How is the focus on your 3+ Black. I took a wrench to mine the other day and its made a big difference for me. I also have a Hero 3 Black with the same focus problem. It lets me compare the before and after.

I haven't tried it yet. I finished all the wiring and fitting yesterday, but then the weather was really bad - heavy showers and 65 km/h gusts. Today I've been in Bordeaux all day buying bathroom furniture and rugs (just got back). Tomorrow the forecast is rain all day BUT then it's turning nice and calm and sunny on Wednesday, so I'll have chance to try it then.

Did you not change the lens after all?

Just a point about using the RX100 - you plan to set it to shoot continuously until the card is full but how do you lock down the shutter button ?

(Am still undecided whether to get the basic model or the ii - in hindsight which would you get ? - also welcome the views of any other would be RX flyers)

pault said:
Just a point about using the RX100 - you plan to set it to shoot continuously until the card is full but how do you lock down the shutter button ?

Funnily enough I've just made a 'shutter release presser' for that. It took me all of five minutes to find the bits and make it.

1 x Small domed button
6cm x 1cm length of very thin alloy
length of electrician's tape

Fully covered the bit of alloy with tape, placing the domed button (inverted) in the centre. The tape holds the button in place and stops the camera getting scratched. So that's my 'release presser'

Finally, a 13cm x 5mm elastic band stretched twice around the camera and over the ends of the 'release presser' with the dome centred on the shutter release, does the business.

I have to go to town today to get some girl's hair bands (like they use to hold a pony tail) and I'm ready to fit the RX100 to the Phantom and test everything tomorrow.

(Am still undecided whether to get the basic model or the ii - in hindsight which would you get ?)

Well, with all the bits, the RX100, the Zenmuse 3D and the GoPro, I'm at 1,530g so weight is critical. For that reason (and of course the price differential) I'm glad I didn't get the Mark II

Hi Peter, any good news on your experiment? I wanted to thank you for all your efforts on bringing together high quality photos with stabilized video on a Phantom 2.
I own the Phantom 1 and have been using it with a little Pentax Q and the "toy fisheye" (some 250 grams the combo)… it works, pics are ok, but only printable up to 35x25cms. No FPV so far.
Greetings from South America!

Well I installed my Rx100 onto my Vision and was going to use the Sony App for FPV. Unfortunately the range is unuseable. Was hoping the vision controllers range extender would work with my iPod touch and the RX100. Back to the drawing board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z