Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 1 detects low voltage with new battery

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Bencio, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Bencio

Hi, yesterday i had a problem, as soon as my phantom 1 took off i got the red blinking and it started descending, as the battery was low, it did this with 4 fully charged batteries, i never touched the voltage tab in the naza software so maybe the settings are wrong, how do i set and calibrate the the phantom?

2. Bencio

3. johnp44

Sounds to me like the little pogo stick contacts for the battery sensor information are not making a solid connection. Check for dust, corrosion, etc. You can use a pencil eraser to clean the ones in the battery but be sure to remove all the rubber debris when done. A little shot of contact cleaner is what I have used.

4. Bencio

Sorry but i don't understand, what do you mean by "little pogo stick contacts"? the only contact between my phantom and the battery is the xt60 connector

5. Bencio

i really need help, i'm trying to work on the voltage protection switch but it doesnt work, as i red on some forums i set the voltage alarms to 10.8 and 10.5 (loaded) but after 3:30 minutes of hovering i got the flashing red light and at 4:00 it started landing, i connected the phantom to my computer and it says it detects 12.4V and so does my multimeter, so why does it lands on an almost full battery?

6. kirk2579

I think he is assuming all phantom batteries are like the Phantom 2, they have 2 power contacts and 2 data pin contacts.

I would see if your charger is really working if all 4 batteries same.

It is also normal for them to drop in useful time as they get used.

How old are they?