People that call their phantom: "Her"

Reactions: dirkclod
We get it... young people just don't understand it. :)

Older folks haven't been tainted and twisted by the new generation edumucational screwal system.
They're doing some bizarre stuff to young minds in "schools" these days. Sad.

Latin has three genders: Masculine (most nouns end in -us, plural -i), feminine (most nouns end in -a, plural -ae) and neuter (most nouns end in -um, plural -a*). English also has three genders, embodied by the personal pronouns "he", "she" and "it", however, the neuter gender ("it") is applied to the vast majority of inanimate objects as well as to non-humans, which makes English differ from most related languages.

Somewhere along the way, the word "they" has come to be a singular, non-gender specific pronoun.

As for my Phantoms, they (plural) are female and it isn't creepy unless I'm caressing them.

Please don't get hurt if you're one of those people. It's an object, not a woman. Calling an object it is not creepy, but nice try.

Good job on missing the pun off your typo. That being said, vehicles/toys of all types are often referred to by a femal pronoun. I don't do that, it's a drone, but it's not 'creepy'. Find something worthwhile to get worked up about.

Reactions: N017RW
I like to slide the big charged battery in, real slow... Deliberate.
She loves it too... Hahaha

When I turn her On, her sexy LED lights UP & BLINKS like fireworks, She said, I haven't given her a name yet, but I think I will keep her. Around.

RedHotPoker

Interesting thread.. mines called "Burt":p the wife calls it "that thing" her quote... You spend more money & time with " that thing" than with me:D

Interesting thread.. mines called "Burt":p the wife calls it "that thing" her quote... You spend more money & time with " that thing" than with me:D
Get used to it Porky, you'll be hearing a lot of that. :D

Hurricanes used to always have female names. When they started giving them male names, I think the hope was they woudn't get past the Virgin Islands.

@Clampit,
Porky, You can begin to enjoy life once again. . .
image.png

Just Send her to the Spa. ;-)
image.jpeg

I just noticed the two giant fly's, one on each foot.
Those don't appear to be real, wondering, Is this an art exhibit?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
I like to slide the big charged battery in, real slow... Deliberate.
She loves it too... Hahaha

When I turn her On, her sexy LED lights UP & BLINKS like fireworks, She said, I haven't given her a name yet, but I think I will keep her. Around.

RedHotPoker
RHP you know I like you but **** man. You took it to a new level. Hope you're well.

It seems it came from an age old adage... If you treat her right she will treat you right. So the SHE came into existence by holding if you name it after a girl SHE would be so much gentler, smoother and Eaiser than a gruff guys name.
Did it help ... Na. She can still get mad, nasty and still crash!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl