People that call their phantom: "Her"

Reaction score
Makes me cringe. Does it have sex organs? Why the need to sexualize a toy copter? It may be an 'old' person saying but I just comes off creepy.

It seems to be a 'tradition', for lack of a better word, that began in the U.S. Navy.
Maybe others know better.

People like to anthropomorphize inanimate objects (it's human nature).

Just like the God of christianity is seemingly always referred to as 'he'.

Reactions: dirkclod and JamesD
Definition of ANTHROPOMORPHIZE
transitive verb
: to attribute human form or personality to
intransitive verb
: to attribute human form or personality to things not human

Come on, I can't be the only one!

Jimmy

To quote S26E20 of the simpsons...

'Why are planes and boats always women? Because they require a lot of upkeep and a firm hand at the controls.'

Reactions: Fplvert
Well I don't recall quoting and correcting others literacy here especially due to the international, socio-economic, and cultural differences as well as possible disabilities of the members here.

I only speak english and have respect and admiriation for those who can speak multiple languages.

I do have bad days and can be corrosive at times, but maybe someday I will have reduced my problems to just that of dealing with others mistakes and imperfections, until then I just focus on the sharing of information.

Both of mine are named with women's name's :) I paid for em and will call them what I choose !
One is Mia and the other is Dixie .
Women's name's but both have meanings also .
If ya think it's creepy or whatever then just...
1361469896_jack_nicholson_deal_with_it.gif

Also..NO17 see how JamesD in post #4 did that big ole word where I didn't have to Goggle it ? :cool:
;);)

LOL ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Maybe. Good luck reducing your problems.
Both of mine are named with women's name's :) I paid for em and will call them what I choose !
One is Mia and the other is Dixie .
Women's name's but both have meanings also .
If ya think it's creepy or whatever then just...
View attachment 31602
Also..NO17 see how JamesD in post #4 did that big ole word where I didn't have to Goggle it ? :cool:
;);)

"Creepy" person you are....uhmmm ? :p
inside-yoda.jpg

Whether you use a girl's name or not, there are plenty on the forum who refer to the quad as their bird!

Lord Flasheart of the Royal Flying Corps Twenty Minuters summed it up when he said 'Treat your kite like your woman - get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.' Woof!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443018353.066523.jpg

Just for the record how many of those images that you add to so many of your posts do you have?
?

150px-Dr_Evil.jpg
Just for the record ..I don't know :)

Latin has three genders: Masculine (most nouns end in -us, plural -i), feminine (most nouns end in -a, plural -ae) and neuter (most nouns end in -um, plural -a*). English also has three genders, embodied by the personal pronouns "he", "she" and "it", however, the neuter gender ("it") is applied to the vast majority of inanimate objects as well as to non-humans, which makes English differ from most related languages.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav