P4P suddenly disconnected! Back after restarted RC!

Reaction score
One more of these horrible flights. I was flying without any sign of losing signal and the aircraft suddenly disconnected. I waited for a few minutes and nothing was happening. With the latest problems of the DJI app, I tried to close and open the app 2-3 times. That did not to help! So luckily I decided to turn the remote control off and on again and everything was back to normal. Has this ever happened to any of you?

One more of these horrible flights. I was flying without any sign of losing signal and the aircraft suddenly disconnected. I waited for a few minutes and nothing was happening. With the latest problems of the DJI app, I tried to close and open the app 2-3 times. That did not to help! So luckily I decided to turn the remote control off and on again and everything was back to normal. Has this ever happened to any of you?
Please provide more information. Which firmware A/C you have and which version DJI GO 4?

If you fly these long enough, this will eventually happen to anyone, regardless of airframe type. I've had the same thing happen on multiple generations of different airframes relying on an APP to assist flight control. This is an excellent example of why it is so important to be comfortable operating your airframe in manual mode (ATTI) and maintaining VLOS and special awareness wherever you are flying. There are so many factors that can cause the app to crash while in flight. You will still maintain complete control in flight and have to keep a clear head (pucker factor or not.) The A/C should initiate a RTH sequence when link is lost to the radio. In my opinion, you should still attempt to regain manual control once you are aware where the A/C is and land it yourself.

Reactions: giorgos1966
O
If you fly these long enough, this will eventually happen to anyone, regardless of airframe type. I've had the same thing happen on multiple generations of different airframes relying on an APP to assist flight control. This is an excellent example of why it is so important to be comfortable operating your airframe in manual mode (ATTI) and maintaining VLOS and special awareness wherever you are flying. There are so many factors that can cause the app to crash while in flight. You will still maintain complete control in flight and have to keep a clear head (pucker factor or not.) The A/C should initiate a RTH sequence when link is lost to the radio. In my opinion, you should still attempt to regain manual control once you are aware where the A/C is and land it yourself.
It felt more like a remote control to aircraft problem than from the app... the app was not frozen, just the aircraft suddenly disconnected (and not that far). Closing and opening the app did not solve. Only turning the RC off and on again solved it. Luckily I kept calm as I had so many issues with losing signal before that I was expecting the drone to come back. I need to check the log of the flight to see what it was doing while disconnected.

Reactions: giorgos1966

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart