Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • That's why i'm waiting for the P5...

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • DJI could've put a little more time into it

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Overall I think they make a great product, but I completely get it. When I bought my P3P, one of the buttons pressed all the way into the RC before I even got to fly it. DJI said, send it in for repair and will get it back to you in a few weeks. Unacceptable IMO. Buy new and expect it to need to repaired out of the box. No no no! I sent it back for a refund and purchased a replacement same day. Yep, it tie up some funds until the refund, but I wasn't about to pay for an item that needed immediate repair.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This is exactly how I feel. Thank you!

Reactions: Jason Porembski
I agree with F3honda4me.....There are issues with the marketing claims in the P4P. The side sensors are useless in P mode, only beginner and tripod. The video at the hyped 4k 60fps is horrible as its only a 100mbs transfer rate. The H.365 codec has banding and the different color logs give you nothing over standard. Flight range is NO better than the P4, and the flight times hover around 24-25 min with NO advantage over the P4. My 1990 car stereo claimed 1000 watts at the time, We all know how misleading that watts race was.........You can pick up a new refurbished P4 for 799.00. That's the deal to be had now.

I'm a noob to the drone scene, I researched the P4 and Marvic for about three months before deciding to go with the P4P (mainly due to all the BS with the Marvic release and my urgency to purchase).

I've only flow a handful of times so far and have experienced untold amounts of frustration with the product. I'm using a Samsung GS6, DJI Go 4 app, have waded through the quagmire of updating the firmware - twice (two releases since purchasing) and am still experiencing connectivity issues.

I find I have to try different sequences of loading everything to gain successful connection, but its pretty rare that I am able to actually connect. Mostly the app just stays "Disconnected"... So pissed.

I try shutting off wifi and changing the frequency settings from 2.4Ghz to 5.8 but it doesn't allow me to change it.

Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone know how to overcome it?

Thanks

****UPDATE****

I downloaded the DJI GO 4.0 app on iPad running iOS 10.0.2 and it worked seamlessly AS IT SHOULD.

So there is obviously a major stability issue with the DJI GO 4.0 app for Android, yay.

Last edited:
mine had a grinding noise p4p and it was on the first thing smokeing when I got the return lable to return itwhere I got it from.
ordered another one and when the one I returned reaches them I will rec a refund for it.
maby the second one will work.

Reactions: TDP
I feel your pain burden I run a business and it seams very strange to leave your self open like this . In fact with the complaints you have against DJI if I was a customer of yours I'd be listing at lot more complaints . And one would hope you won't leave your self like this again . Have you a back up drone in future in case this one crashes or gets stolen or damaged in a car crash etc etc .
This seams like a let's bash DJI post .
Anyway I wish you all the best and hope it resolves it's self in the near future .
I'm sure DJI didn't intend to send you a duff one

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
see my previous post about my P4P experience. I think you are overreacting. There is no doubt that DJI has the most advanced drones out there. BTW did u remove that gray block over the gimbal? In the future, again as I mentioned in my own previous post, initial first two or so flights should be low to the ground and in a confined space...for next time.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Today, after updating the new go app I've noticed the transmission on the to end is real bad, no matter what i film in... Major bugS

I agree with F3honda4me.....There are issues with the marketing claims in the P4P. The side sensors are useless in P mode, only beginner and tripod. The video at the hyped 4k 60fps is horrible as its only a 100mbs transfer rate. The H.365 codec has banding and the different color logs give you nothing over standard. Flight range is NO better than the P4, and the flight times hover around 24-25 min with NO advantage over the P4. My 1990 car stereo claimed 1000 watts at the time, We all know how misleading that watts race was.........You can pick up a new refurbished P4 for 799.00. That's the deal to be had now.
Most of what you say is patently false or at best misleading. And you do your best to post it in many threads.

i have issues with the camera and gimbal and the fan has a terrible noise when i compare it with my P4. When i move the gimbla to the left most from rear i hear a wierd clack . I did the same with my P4 and it doesnt do that noise ... Do you have that noise, please try P4P owners and tell us. On the other hand , when i film and i use some combinations camara parameters y had a granularity film and i see a terrible Flicker. So i want to know if this is happening only in my p4p or is a firmware issue that will be resolved. I updated to the las firmware and the same..

Reactions: TDP
The last time I flew my P4P+ I was shooting some video. Upon viewing the video after the flight I noticed a brief episode of erratic gimbal activity. The camera appeared to have tipped to one side and made some other erratic movements before finally righting itself. The entire episode only lasted about 3 seconds. I reported his to DJI support and they recommend IMU calibration and gimbal calibration. Anyone else notice erratic gimbal activity like this?

**BTW my P4 out of the box had literally 0 problems and I never had really any issues with anything on it since launch...
That's because you didn't preorder the P4 and receive it before the App was even available to support it, like many of us did! When you buy a mature product, everyone else has already done the beta testing for you. When you buy a brand new product on a preorder, or during the first 3-6 months, you are the beta tester! :cool: Wait 6 months for a smoother P4P/P4P+ experience.

Reactions: Mier
The last time I flew my P4P+ I was shooting some video. Upon viewing the video after the flight I noticed a brief episode of erratic gimbal activity. The camera appeared to have tipped to one side and made some other erratic movements before finally righting itself. The entire episode only lasted about 3 seconds. I reported his to DJI support and they recommend IMU calibration and gimbal calibration. Anyone else notice erratic gimbal activity like this?

I've noticed that once with my P4P, maybe wind related in my case.

Don't know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Despite that being good advice, I'm becoming suspicious that DJI Customer Service has been told that this is a panacea that will fix everything wrong, much like the advice of reformatting your hard drive to the factory image when calling any computer tech support! :rolleyes: It gets you off the phone, it improves their numbers of calls handled per hour, and when it doesn't solve your problem, when you call back, you are told to keep repeating the IMU and gimbal calibrations until it does work! "Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 IMU and gimbal calibrations to fix some stubborn problems!" :eek: At what point will they finally accept that you have received a DOA unit??? :rolleyes:

Been super happy with my P4P. Works great with my S7 Edge.

S7 Edge tap'n

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3