P4P Gimbal Howl

I've had my P4P+ since mid-December and have also noticed the same noise occur while the unit is just sitting there. No associated movement seen when making the noise and it happens randomly.

I just updated firmware and heard the sound too , 1 time when it was updating and just sitting there.

So the question remains what is the source (s) of this howling/twitching? My thought is that I have a "noisy" circuit board or device that causes the issues.

Anyone on this forum with an electomechanical background that might help explain what might be going on? While the frequency has been reduced of this noise since a re-calibration of everything I still have gotten a couple of incidents. Do I need to return this aircraft and get a new one.

Donald Barar

BTW. I posted this on the DJI forum and no one responded.

So the question remains what is the source (s) of this howling/twitching? My thought is that I have a "noisy" circuit board or device that causes the issues.

Anyone on this forum with an electomechanical background that might help explain what might be going on? While the frequency has been reduced of this noise since a re-calibration of everything I still have gotten a couple of incidents. Do I need to return this aircraft and get a new one.

Donald Barar

On one of the threads they asked for the model and so I responded with mine although I am not the OP.

Don Barar

Don,

Mine does this too. Did you ever fix yours?

Hi Tony,

Yes. I fixed it. After trying everything including a complete set of calibrations and restoring to factory setting nothing worked. I took it back to BestBuy and got a new aircraft. New aircraft does not make this sound and the gimbal does not twitch. I recommend that you do the same.

Donald Barar

Hi Tony,

Yes. I fixed it. After trying everything including a complete set of calibrations and restoring to factory setting nothing worked. I took it back to BestBuy and got a new aircraft. New aircraft does not make this sound and the gimbal does not twitch. I recommend that you do the same.

Donald Barar

Thanks Don! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond :)

My brand new P4P was making this same loud noise from the gimbal motor. It makes a loud noise then the camera seeks left/right while making this noise. I also made a video so you can hear the noise. The gimbal motor is defective. I purchased another P4P and the new one does not do this.

This is the gimbal motor that was making the noise:

2aj0x3t.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka