P4P+ Ask Me Anything

Yup, me neither. Looks better than it ever did on my iPhone

Plus in hand.

I'd love to answer any questions you guys may have :) I'll test them out as you guys ask.

Shoot away
My question is about the interchangeability of the P4 and the P4P batteries. Does that really work and can you go both ways?
I wonder because unless the the firmware for both are the same, won't each bird think that the firmware on the batteries is different?

I have a P4 with 3 batteries and a P4P with one and I would like to go out to a job with 4 and know no matter what I am flying I can rap a Battery.

Nah drone doesn't even know what battery is connected (other than the flight time difference)

They're both exactly the same size and everything and when I connect either one the P4P+ works just fine.

I'm in the same boat too. 4 P4 batteries and now the new P4P battery :)

Does the 32ch hack work on the P4P+ controller? Others say the hack loads into the iOS version of GO4 app OK, but they don't have the craft to fly and test. I'm just curious if Android works too.

very good question. I'd love to try but don't know how?

Can you add any other apps to the built in monitor like Litchi or Periscope etc???
Don't see a way too yet. Can't get to any part of stock android at all including home screen.

You can download an .apk and click on it, and the native Android package installer comes up and tries to install it (so far so good), but then the OS reports 'not enough storage'... denied! They intentionally broke app installation, but someone will figure out a way around it.

You can download an .apk and click on it, and the native Android package installer comes up and tries to install it (so far so good), but then the OS reports 'not enough storage'... denied! They intentionally broke app installation, but someone will figure out a way around it.

I tried the same way through the built in web browser , downloaded the apk , got the same storage message , pity :-(

The restriction is frustrating but I can kinda understand it since one of the points of the dedicated display is greater stability, and once you start loading all kinds of crap on the system then the controlled environment is gone, perhaps along with the intended reliable performance. But I do think it should be the user's choice.

Question every time I boot up I get a screen "Calibrate remote controller compass"?
You may see that if there is a strong magnetic field nearby. If you don't intend to fly then you can just dismiss it by touching the 'x' in the upper corner. I see it on rare occasions but if you are seeing it every single time you start the unit even if you are out in the clear then you may have some kind of problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT