P4P+ Ask Me Anything

Reaction score
Plus in hand.

I'd love to answer any questions you guys may have :) I'll test them out as you guys ask.

Shoot away

May be stupid question, but...
In the app, do you have any additional features or function beyond the obvious, brighter screen?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

May be stupid question, but...
In the app, do you have any additional features or function beyond the obvious, brighter screen?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
So far it looks like the normal DJI go app with editor and sky pixel included. Editor is just a file manager app.

I can swipe down from top to bring down the android toolbar, from where I can change the volume of the tablet and brightness as well :) There's a button next to brightness labelled SF but I can't figure out what that is for.

My question too, does it boot straight into the app, or is there an android home screen. If it boots straight in, then Litchi won't work, and that would be a big loss for me..

Boots straight into app. If you swipe up from the bottom you get a home button, but when you press it takes you directly to DJI go

Reactions: Alex Baxter
And a question that I had that I want to answer for others. Is it more stable than a P4? Not that I've noticed. Flying in wind I see it going up and down by 10-15 feet.

Will the battery from a Phantom 4 fit a P4 Pro? The P4 batteries are significantly cheaper (if you shop around) and the P4P battery only offers about 10% more capacity for twice the price.

Thanks.

I currently have the P4P & using my iPhone 7+ (705 nits). Is is worth to buy the brighter 1000 nit receiver? Or just wait for CrystalSky?

I currently have the P4P & using my iPhone 7+ (705 nits). Is is worth to buy the brighter 1000 nit receiver? Or just wait for CrystalSky?

OMG YES! I've been flying with iPhone 7 on P4 and this is miles and miles apart. Worth it without a doubt. Also the fact that I don't have to worry about my wife calling and disrupting a shoot (or the phone running out of battery) make this a complete no brainer.

Will the battery from a Phantom 4 fit a P4 Pro? The P4 batteries are significantly cheaper (if you shop around) and the P4P battery only offers about 10% more capacity for twice the price.

Thanks.

Oh yeah! My first flight was with my P4 batteries.

OMG YES! I've been flying with iPhone 7 on P4 and this is miles and miles apart. Worth it without a doubt. Also the fact that I don't have to worry about my wife calling and disrupting a shoot (or the phone running out of battery) make this a complete no brainer.

Cool thanks! Few more questions ... I like going back through my flight data / flight path on google maps through the DJI App. How can I achieve this without a cellular phone? Do I hot spot my phone with the P4P+ RC? Or cache maps at home? I never did that before. Last, what's the purpose for the card slot in the RC? Strictly for playback? Thanks

You can simply tether/hotspot a P4P+ to a phone in your pocket and have full Internet functionality. And of course you can also cache maps in advance if out of cellular range, just like you'd do with a cellphone/tablet display.

There is a separate flight log playback function (with full maps) on the P4P+.

Reactions: X5GEE
Cool thanks! Few more questions ... I like going back through my flight data / flight path on google maps through the DJI App. How can I achieve this without a cellular phone? Do I hot spot my phone with the P4P+ RC? Or cache maps at home? I never did that before. Last, what's the purpose for the card slot in the RC? Strictly for playback? Thanks

Yup, what smiller said.

So far I've been flying from inside my living room with my TV connected to HDMI so it hasn't been an issue but typically you'd cache them before hand. You can also buy a cheap wifi hotspot on eBay for $20 and use a cricket sim card for cheap data.

Logs are saved on the inbuilt tablet. The microsd card is used for playback and/or direct video editing within the DJI go app :) Think of it as the same as micro SD on a phone.

Reactions: X5GEE
Yup, what smiller said.

So far I've been flying from inside my living room with my TV connected to HDMI so it hasn't been an issue but typically you'd cache them before hand. You can also buy a cheap wifi hotspot on eBay for $20 and use a cricket sim card for cheap data.

Logs are saved on the inbuilt tablet. The microsd card is used for playback and/or direct video editing within the DJI go app :) Think of it as the same as micro SD on a phone.
Very cool. Looks like I'm gonna buy that RC now. Only a $300 mistake

You can always sell your RC without screen - I'm sure it'll be worth a pretty penny on eBay now

Yes.

I don't know what everyone was tripping on when they said the adjustable aperture meant ND filters weren't needed. I was flying in bright sunlight and I WAS able to bring the picture to exactly where I wanted it to be without any filters, but I personally would much rather fly with a ND4 and CPL on and actually be able to keep the aperture between 5-8 (the best range I've read?)

I've already pre-ordered the polarpro vivid set which should be in later this month

On the P4P+ display...there have been some comments about the screen not being able to fit or size some of the data displays properly leaving characters or words hanging off the screen. Have you noticed this or any similar issues. I'd really like to get a P4P but still on the fence about continuing to use my 9.7" iPad pro or switch to the 5.5 built in. I use the iPads for my p3p's and there certainly are times when the screen is next to unusable. But if I have to struggle to see the details on the 5.5 screen, bright as it may be, there could be an equal trade off. So, the question remains, why invest in the 5.5 controller? Do wish places like B&H had them in stock since they can be easily returned or at least had on on display.

Thanks

Andrew

On the P4P+ display...there have been some comments about the screen not being able to fit or size some of the data displays properly leaving characters or words hanging off the screen. Have you noticed this or any similar issues.
I have never seen anything like that on my P4P+.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan