P4

Reaction score
hi. I have never owned a drone before. I have been looking in for a while but am now ready to buy. I just can't decide between a p3 and p4.

I would just buy from Apple off the shelf. I hope you don't hate me when I say I just want to use it for some fun. I can't see myself going really long range. We do a bit of video stuff at work so it might be nice to cut in some drone footage.

Seems a lot of people don't rate the p4. Really I want something easy to fly.

Any advice appreciated. I'm in Manchester UK.

Cheers. Guy

If the price doesn't scare you away, then get the P4. It's a great bird.

You can learn some more about what has changed between the P3 and P4 here. Also, you can compare the specs between the P3 and P4 here.

If the price doesn't scare you away, then get the P4. It's a great bird.

You can learn some more about what has changed between the P3 and P4 here. Also, you can compare the specs between the P3 and P4 here.

Thanks! I have done so much research it just seems so inconclusive! I might just go for it. At least I can walk into apple and buy... Or return it!

Thanks! I have done so much research it just seems so inconclusive! I might just go for it. At least I can walk into apple and buy... Or return it!
Apple carries both the P3P and the P4. Try one of each and decide for yourself, within 14 days. Just don't crash! :cool:

If they had the advanced in stock for 699 odd it looks like a steal but they have non in and I'm an impetuous kind of guy! They do have the pro but at nearly a grand it seems like I should just go for the 4. I really just want easy fun flying. Will probably film in 1080 any way as easier to edit and all our other devices are 1080.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If they had the advanced in stock for 699 odd it looks like a steal but they have non in and I'm an impetuous kind of guy! They do have the pro but at nearly a grand it seems like I should just go for the 4. I really just want easy fun flying. Will probably film in 1080 any way as easier to edit and all our other devices are 1080.

If this is your first quad, and you have $1400 to risk, the P4 setup and updating is a lot easier, and it is more stable, which will make for easier handcatches, because landing is always the toughest part, where most incidents happen. Sport mode is a screamer, even if it is a battery burner! :cool:

Just grab a P4. Especially if you're not going to be flying long range. I've made the switch from the P3P and I am not one for real long range either and I have no problems with the choice I made. It's very stable, fast in sport mode and I have less to worry about my kids crashing it with the obstacle avoidance.

Since you are unsure what you'd like and exactly what you'd like to use it for, other than fun, then I would purchase based on what you can afford without breaking the bank. Please note that if you do find you enjoy flying then you will need to consider the cost of a carry case or backpack and one or more batteries. Price all of this out and your decision should become easier.

This also may help:
PHANTOM 3 STANDARD. Best deal out there. 2.7 K video, 12 Mb photos. Downside is flight range... around a mile.

PHANTOM ADVANCED. Great price. 2.7 K video, 12mb photos, 1080p at 60FPS, 3 Mile or more flight range.

PHANTOM PROFESSIONAL. 4K video, 12mb Photos, 1080p at 60FPS, 3 mile or more flight range.

PHANTOM 4 - All features of Phantom Professional plus forward collision avoidance, speed mode, tap to follow and fly.

I lean towards the P4. The redundant IMU/Compasses dual GPS systems and error checking processors should prevent those flyaways that some have experienced on Inspire and P3s. The only downer would be the range decrease that some have complained about in comparison to P3.

Cant really add much to what others have said. I purchased the P3 P in January, it was my first drone. Love it but could not resist the P4 when it came out. I thought I was going to sell the P3P to offset the cost of the P4 but I like it too much to sell plus I have so much invested in all the extras it would not make sense to sell it.

I think if this is your first drone and you can afford it, go for the P4. The new features are great, the camera seems better than the P3P and if long distance is not your thing it is a no brainer. Good luck with whatever decision you make, you are going to love this hobby!

Now I own: a Phantom 2 Vision Plus 3.0 (my first drone) a Phantom 3 Advanced (my second drone) a Phantom 3 Professional (my third drone, very very good) a Phantom 4 (simply the best athough I haven't tested all its feautres, but the "sense and avoid" YES!)

Since you are unsure what you'd like and exactly what you'd like to use it for, other than fun, then I would purchase based on what you can afford without breaking the bank. Please note that if you do find you enjoy flying then you will need to consider the cost of a carry case or backpack and one or more batteries. Price all of this out and your decision should become easier.

This also may help:
PHANTOM 3 STANDARD. Best deal out there. 2.7 K video, 12 Mb photos. Downside is flight range... around a mile.

PHANTOM ADVANCED. Great price. 2.7 K video, 12mb photos, 1080p at 60FPS, 3 Mile or more flight range.

PHANTOM PROFESSIONAL. 4K video, 12mb Photos, 1080p at 60FPS, 3 mile or more flight range.

PHANTOM 4 - All features of Phantom Professional plus forward collision avoidance, speed mode, tap to follow and fly.

Just to add, the Phantom 3 Advanced has 2.7k UHD video now, just like the Standard. I have one. With one of the firmware updates it introduced 2.7k to the Advanced...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl