P4 Range?

Nope, no disadvantage. It's been confirmed that the P3 Adv / Pro remote works with the P4, but I haven't heard that the P4 remote works on P3 Adv / Pro, but I'd imagine it would. We offer free antenna plugs for ItElite purchases, either solid or open. The open ones eliminate drilling holes. Check us out at Maxx UAV

Jake got the blue wires yet? [emoji4]

I think I'm ready to re-pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just read a post on another forum in which a guy with an "unboosted" DBS antenna took his stock P4 out to 25,169 ft each way returning with 9% battery and averaging almost 35 mph....so perhaps the P4 has potential afterall :)
What was his total flight time???

I did 40,000 feet total, 3 miles out, with my modded FPVLR RC, returning with 12% battery, but my P4 flight time was only 15 minutes!! The battery life still sucks! The P4 will need a battery mod to be of any long range use.

Last edited:
What was his total flight time???

I did 40,000 feet total, 3 miles out, with my modded FPVLR RC, returning with 12% battery, but my P4 flight time was only 15 minutes!! The battery life still sucks! The P4 will need a battery mod to be of any long range use.
Here is a screen shot of his flight:

Attachments

• 12140769_10207350506174550_981368934225319791_n.jpg
    12140769_10207350506174550_981368934225319791_n.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 419
Here is a screen shot of his flight:
16 minutes, landing with 9% remaining battery!
So much for DJI's claim of a 28 minute flight time on the P4!:rolleyes:
That must be UnknownCaller! :cool:
He was getting 34 minutes out of his P3, with a battery mod.

Last edited:
Did a 15,000+ distance flight tonight. Got 15 min of battery life.

Did another night flight with a lot of hovering and got 20 minutes 15 seconds. :(

Did a 15,000+ distance flight tonight. Got 15 min of battery life.

Did another night flight with a lot of hovering and got 20 minutes 15 seconds. :(
Even at 20 minutes 15 seconds, that's still only 72% of the promised 28 minutes! At 15 minutes, which has also been my average, that's only 53% of the rated 28 minutes!

Reactions: Kman
Same here. Someone says the key is to fly only 75% throttle. But I like speed...

Same here. Someone says the key is to fly only 75% throttle. But I like speed...
Well, just for yucks, I'll try that for a flight, as well as Atti mode, upon which the 28 minutes is based, and see what happens. Maybe we need a DJI GO speed setting in mph, rather than trying to do it with the sticks.

Does anyone know how the Inspire Remotes compare to the GL300A and their compatibility to the P4. I have a second inspire Remote that never gets used and would like to mod it with amplifiers and Intelilite for the P4, but am concerned about compatibility issues.

Who knows if this is true:

DJI acknowledges initial shipments of P4's had less powerful remotes resulting in less range and will be corrected in future shipments self.djiphantom

submitted 14 hours ago byteckademics

I would like to thank Mr Xiang at "[email protected]" for acknowledging the #RANGEGATE issue and offering to send me a P4 controller with the same output as the original P3P. He has assured me that this will be corrected in future shipments of the P4.

Towards the bottomDJI Forum|RANGEGATE

Does anyone know how the Inspire Remotes compare to the GL300A and their compatibility to the P4. I have a second inspire Remote that never gets used and would like to mod it with amplifiers and Intelilite for the P4, but am concerned about compatibility issues.

It is confirmed to work. I will be using my modded inspire remote when I get mine in.

It is confirmed to work. I will be using my modded inspire remote when I get mine in.
I was told there were video glitch issues with using an inspire remote with a P4. I don't know if it was an isolated issue or not, but just a heads up.

Just heard it glitched, like kept going in and out.

That could be due to a usb cable, radio issue, or device issue. I have had this same issue happen on an inspire radio, and iPhone where my cable was the culprit.

Ill keep an eye out for reports of this too.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you guys. Going to mod the Inspire remote and keep the original as stock for easy use. Waiting for MAXX's rig.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart