P4 Pro Start Up - Props

Reaction score
New P4 Pro owner. Had it for about a week - flew about a half dozen times so far (weather issues). Awesome toy.
Anyways - when I start the controller and then the drone - the props seem to 'activate' one by one. They essentially get set- and do about a quarter turn each and then stay still. Kind of like a start up sequence. I'm guessing this is by design (not sure - my first real drone). Anyways - only 3 of my 4 props do that every time I start it up. One never does anything. The craft flies OK, no issues with motors as far as I can see, however, the one motor not doing its set-up routine makes me wonder.
Anyhow - the question I have is:
- is the one motor not doing this normal?
- should the other three not do their little start up and the one lonely motor is actually behaving correctly?
How does yours behave?
Thanks!

bkushner got it.

@DanMan32 - There are much easier questions that DJI has still never answered......

Get out and enjoy flyin!!!

@Westernflyer TIP for a newcomer...if the bird flies ok, wait to do firmware updates until others have tried it first to see what changes.

Reactions: Westernflyer
Thanks for the replies gents. I've gotta ask - why would this be normal behavior? is it some kind of self test that only does 3 out of the 4? doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Thanks for the replies gents. I've gotta ask - why would this be normal behavior? is it some kind of self test that only does 3 out of the 4? doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Since noone knows what makes it do that, they all do it and it doesn't affect anything ... don't obsess over it.
If your phantom os flying properly that's all that matters.

I think it's not necessarily 3 of 4 and it not a test..... it's the magnets being energized, and the motor sitting in the stop position. So I'm guessing if they were all set in a normal
Energized and not on position...... none would move. Also, I am speculating, but do understand the nature of brushless electric motors.

Reactions: Meta4
Westernflier, I glad you asked this question. The three thing was driving me crazy too. But I have been flying with no issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl