p3s - rth vs smart rth

I have a P4, and I have had the smart RTH switch in DJI go toggled to off for as long as I have had my phantom. When I do long distance flights, I still get a battery warning at ~60% that tells me I need to come back, gives me the ten seconds, etc.

Based on this thread, this shouldn't happen unless I had toggled on the smart rth switch in Go. At this point, I have no idea what the smart rth switch in go does or why it even exists.

I'd like to get clarification on this as I think it's very important to know RTH inside and out because it could be the difference in a crash.

Are you asking what toggling the switch on or off actually does?

Believe pete is referring to the DJIGO app software setting toggle and what it does (for avoidance of doubt)

What is your low battery warning level? If 60% (default is 30%) then I guess the low battery warning triggers RTH when Smart RTH is turned off. I do know low battery warning is just a warning when Smart RTH is on.

What is your low battery warning level? If 60% (default is 30%) then I guess the low battery warning triggers RTH when Smart RTH is turned off. I do know low battery warning is just a warning when Smart RTH is on.
I have it set to 30%, the default

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart