P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!

We where doing this about 9 moths ago . It's a pain in the arse i just never updated after the first lot of problems every one had. Just stick with one that works best and never update again lol

I was sending that link to people last July when all the problems started with 1.6 . It seems to happen every update. So most people never updated since. Good news is never posted only bad news and range issues

Did you debug 1.7.94? or run 1.7.9 then run 1.7.9 with debug?
Did the errors come back? with 1.7.9 or 1.6.8?
Did you make it to 1.5.7 with no errors?
1.5.75 ?? did you use it?

Once getting to 1.7.94 I had no further sensor issues. Now I went further to 1.6.8 and the sensor issues came back. I tried going to 1.5.7 and then 1.5.75 but going to 1.5.7 firmware brought errors. And 1.5.75 would not fix the sensor errors. You run into the barometer error and gymbal gyro error. And the compass won't calibrate either. At that point the only fix is to go back to 1.8.10.

Some have used the Debug with a downgrade version ... Meaning while you have 1.7.94 no erorrs.
(1) put 1.5.7 and debug on the sd card.. and downgrade like that..
(2) skip 1.6.8... D/G 1.7.94 > 1.5.7.. get error?
(3) debug 1.7.94 > 1.6.8 error?
(4) debug 1.7.94 then > 1.5.7 error?

Some have used the Debug with a downgrade version ... Meaning while you have 1.7.94 no erorrs.
(1) put 1.5.7 and debug on the sd card.. and downgrade like that..
(2) skip 1.6.8... D/G 1.7.94 > 1.5.7.. get error?
(3) debug 1.7.94 > 1.6.8 error?
(4) debug 1.7.94 then > 1.5.7 error?

I'll try this later tonight. Skipping 1.6.8.......

Hi, great job. I'm a short 5.8 range p3s owner. I use a 1.7.9 version but I bought p3s used and I don't know if last user had install 1.6.8.after reading all post I plan to try to use a 1.7.9 with debug to reset all firmware part, I make this attempt to make sure that the transmission part has not yet parts of the old firmware 1.6.8
Is a right consideration?
Sorry for bad English.

Hi guys im downgrade my P3s to 1.5 with success the bad news is im still got issues with fpv and controller signal only at 500 feet maybe downgrade to the most older firmware fixed the problem?

Thanks guys

Thank you for the guide! Worked perfectly!

My drone got RC signal lost after about 40 meters up.
Therefore I have now downgraded from v1.08.10 to v1.05.7 +.
What is meant by +?

Unfortunately, I still get RC signal lost after 40 meters.
Is there anyone who can help me what I can do?
I have tested 1.06.80 and 1.7.9 the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

What is meant by +?

Thanks in advance!
hi rooster. from my personal experience with the same problem there are nothing to do. i dont know why this problem sometimes affect our drones (i think about an hardware issue on 5.8 trasmitter on bird side). the only way i found to reach a relative good rc distance, is with dbs antenna (100mt from original 40mt) with 2w 5.8 amplifier (now i have a power station on my rc with a lot of time spent to connect all cable and batteyr before fly) on rc (1km) and papatita mod for 2.4ghz.
now i'll try with a new pcb on drone.
bye

Reactions: Rooster_nr1
I have just found your ... Solution???
It was simple??
Assuming you're still at 1.8..
Downgrade to 1.7.9.. Get the error?? ...Restart Still Sensor error...
Rerun F/w 1.7.9 with debug...Cal the Imu... (yes again) still got the error.. :(
Update with 1.7.94 No more error?? :) Recal Imu ;)
This is the setups I just took to fix it for a member in my group...
So I am not Sure if any IMU cals were.... anything more than a waste of time..

Where are you getting v1.7.94 from? I have 1.7.9 and followed your instructions I am still getting the sensor error message

What is meant by +?

Thanks in advance!
The Plus is...
If at any time the drone sees that it has modules from ANY other firmware (up or down) It will show a "+" It is miss matched firmware.. (most likely from your battery) The only thing that does not get updated is your batteries that are not in the drone during the debug.. The Plus is not bad.. in that way...

Reactions: Rooster_nr1
hi rooster. from my personal experience with the same problem there are nothing to do. i dont know why this problem sometimes affect our drones (i think about an hardware issue on 5.8 trasmitter on bird side). the only way i found to reach a relative good rc distance, is with dbs antenna (100mt from original 40mt) with 2w 5.8 amplifier (now i have a power station on my rc with a lot of time spent to connect all cable and batteyr before fly) on rc (1km) and papatita mod for 2.4ghz.
now i'll try with a new pcb on drone.
bye

Could someone please tell me where the debug file is located and whether or not I actually need to use it? I have tried putting the next lower firmware on my sd card, but it does not transfer to the a/c. I am assuming I need to debug... please correct me if I am wrong

Could someone please tell me where the debug file is located and whether or not I actually need to use it? I have tried putting the next lower firmware on my sd card, but it does not transfer to the a/c. I am assuming I need to debug... please correct me if I am wrong
My original post is here.
Use it only as I have described...
P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!
You can make it yourself... (create a new txt doc name it this P3C_FW_DEBUG.txt then remove the TXT and you will have it...) It is just a "Name..." there is no data in the file :)
Use P3C_FW_DEBUG for the P3S :)
My how to is here

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18