P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!

I tried to go back to 1.5.7 and was successful to getting back to that but when I went into the DJI Go app on my iphone I had compass calibration error, imu calibration error, gimbal gyro error and a barometer error. None would clear from recalibrating the A/C. The only fix was to go back to 1.8.10. Anyone else have this issue?
What version of DjI GO Was you running?

I might give it a try in a few. I can downgrade the go app no problem. But what version would be best to get to work with 1.5.7

Hello all !
How I can check version of RC's fw on android?
If im rightly understanding from 1.6 fw output power was reduced. How I can downgrade RC fw ?
(Im not beleive that its impossible :)))

Reactions: KennethMcNutt
Hello all !
How I can check version of RC's fw on android?
If im rightly understanding from 1.6 fw output power was reduced. How I can downgrade RC fw ?
(Im not beleive that its impossible :)))
Mike90 Please Understand that this is A P3S Post... And your asking P3P questions??
How to Check ..
How to downgrade.. ;)
I have your answers here...
需要安全验证 No they Are not in Chinese ;) LOL

Last edited:
Good afternoon!
I apologize for my English since this is not my native language.
I have P3S firmware 1.8.1 DJI GO 3.1.3
Yesterday I tried to roll the firmware back to 1.5.7.
From 1.8.1 to 1.7.9 rolled back just by inserting a flash drive with the firmware file without DEBUG.
The firmware time was 10 minutes without problems.
Further on the flash drive threw the firmware file 1.6.8 and file DEBUG, did according to the instructions, inserted a memory card with firmware and DEBUG into the camera, turned on the RC and DJI GO further switched on the drone and went the firmware. At 1.6.8, the minutes were struck for 30 minutes making strange sounds)) before they were not.
At 1.6.8, it was successful, there are no errors, it's OK, the DJI GO version of the firmware is 1.6.8+.
Then I did the same with 1.5.7 + DEBUG, I turned on the drone, the drone was sewn too very long 20-30 minutes making sounds as if it turned on, the firmware stopped at 80% and gave out a message, "Unsuccessful update attempt" in DJI GO gives out The firmware version of the drone 1.5.7+
When you turn on, the drone gives a message about the need to update the firmware of the camera and gives a message about the need to calibrate the compass.
I tried again to flash 1.5.7 + DEBUG, everything repeats. Errors!

Tell me please!
Do I need to add file DEBUG to the firmware file when I roll back from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7.
Also, when I moved from 1.6.8 I stitched the file P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin and on the site there is still the firmware file P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin whether it is necessary first to flash P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin and then P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

How now to be?

Thats prob the problem. That fw and that software was never meant to work together.

I tried downgrading the FW on the AC and the DJI Go App. Still barometer errors etc. The only way I can get my bird to work right with no errors is go to the latest 1.8. firmware.

Good afternoon!
I apologize for my English since this is not my native language.
I have P3S firmware 1.8.1 DJI GO 3.1.3
Yesterday I tried to roll the firmware back to 1.5.7.
From 1.8.1 to 1.7.9 rolled back just by inserting a flash drive with the firmware file without DEBUG.
The firmware time was 10 minutes without problems.
Further on the flash drive threw the firmware file 1.6.8 and file DEBUG, did according to the instructions, inserted a memory card with firmware and DEBUG into the camera, turned on the RC and DJI GO further switched on the drone and went the firmware. At 1.6.8, the minutes were struck for 30 minutes making strange sounds)) before they were not.
At 1.6.8, it was successful, there are no errors, it's OK, the DJI GO version of the firmware is 1.6.8+.
Then I did the same with 1.5.7 + DEBUG, I turned on the drone, the drone was sewn too very long 20-30 minutes making sounds as if it turned on, the firmware stopped at 80% and gave out a message, "Unsuccessful update attempt" in DJI GO gives out The firmware version of the drone 1.5.7+
When you turn on, the drone gives a message about the need to update the firmware of the camera and gives a message about the need to calibrate the compass.
I tried again to flash 1.5.7 + DEBUG, everything repeats. Errors!

Tell me please!
Do I need to add file DEBUG to the firmware file when I roll back from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7.
Also, when I moved from 1.6.8 I stitched the file P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin and on the site there is still the firmware file P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin whether it is necessary first to flash P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin and then P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

How now to be?
As It is... Never debug while downgrading... Only debug current versions
I would reflash 1.5.7... then debug it... again.. then flash P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin then run cal in EVERYTHING... If it doesn't clear errors?? Go all the back up... newest... then debug that... downgrade... then debug... downgrade then debug... back to 1.5.7... I have heard that skipping 1.6.8 is working for most?? Maybe you can confirm it for us...?? So this is the working way?? 1.8.1 debugged.. (no +) then 1.7.9 then debug 1.7.9 the 1.5.7 and then cal?

Last edited:
As It is... Never debug while downgrading.. Only debug current versions
I would refkash 1.5.7... then debug it... again.. then flash P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin then run cal in EVERTHING... If it doesn't clear errors?? Go all the back up... newest... then debug that... downgrade... then debug... downgrade then debug... back to 1.5.7... I have heard that skipping 1.6.8 is working for most?? Many you can confirm it for us...?? So this is the working way?? 1.8.1 debuged.. (no +) then 1.7.9 then debug 1.7.9 the 1.5.7 and then cal?

Ok so let me get this correct, only use the debug file when going from 1.8.1 to 1.7.9? I thought you used the debug file when downgrading from each firmware.....So essentially your saying only use the debug file once when downgrading from whatever your current version is. In my case its 1.8.1

Last edited:
Ok so let me get this correct, only use the debug file when going from 1.8.1 to 1.7.9? I thought you used the debug file wen downgrading from each firmware.....So essentially your saying only use the debit file once when downgrading from whatever your current version is. In my case its 1.8.1
P3S P3/4K downgrade Possible !?! ALL the WAY back!!! (Confirmed Working to 1.5.7!!!) < Please read.. Only Debug current Version! I do not know the outcome of a debugged downgrade?? It has not been a part of any of my testing...

P3S P3/4K downgrade Possible !?! ALL the WAY back!!! (Confirmed Working to 1.5.7!!!) < Please read.. Only Debug current Version! I do not know the outcome of a debugged downgrade?? It has not been a part of any of my testing...
Please note this is a P3P description...
I never used debug until I was 1.8.8+ then again 1.7.6+ it only ever worked with the same Version already on bird?
I never downgraded with it.. (debug file on card) I used it to clean up the + issue only :) (debug only after downgraded flash..) and currect version to allow the first downgrade if already has + )
As far as I can tell... Because I have done it..
With success and failures both this is how I see it..
The bin file is a "zip" file or more like a drive image..
It is opened by the DJI OS... The true bins are inside 999999.bin and such..
Each has its own date or roll back requirements...
If it is newer it maybe does not get downgraded.
and then maybe it does?
Each system has it's own.. I do not know them all....
But there are three restarts (the power up sound) and the lights off for 10mins .. then the cam twice??... the fan in the gimbal shuts off!! all kinds of things!!
So when you keep downgrading once or many times... these bins or updates get miss matched... Sooooo the Plus appears... (I was never 1.0.X) but yet I have 1.9.6+??? SO... The plus is NO PLUS?? It is mismatched firmware from any other firmware ver...
But is far as the debug goes.. it seems to have nothing to do with the actual downgrade... Meaning it only cleans up this mess after..
When you run the same firmware with debugging (current ver) it re-updates (bring all current system to current version) ALL of the things I discussed^^^ it is a 45 min ordeal!! But I say every time to clean up?? But the fact is I believe that if you can downgrade and get a + and still do another downgrade.. The debug may only need to be used at the end to clean up the "Mess" you made!! As it stands I will continue the method of Always debugging each F/W after each Normal F/w downgrade and never skipping an version update on the way back up.. But I am Laymen :(

Reactions: stu2b2
Hello!
Yesterday I spent the whole procedure from the beginning)))
Updated via DJI go up to 1.8.1
And then, downgrading from DEBUG to 1.7.9, everything went well, in the dji version of the firmware of the Copter 1.7.9 without +
Further the same way up to 1.6.8, all ok
From 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 already without DEBUG firmware
After rebooting the drone, compass and all the sensors work fine, calibrate, everything is fine.
But the firmware version is N / A.
Do I need to do something, or leave it as it is? Do I need to now firmware to 1.5.7 with DBUG, or can I flash 1.5.75?
Please advise how to be.

Hello!
And then, downgrading from DEBUG to 1.7.9, everything went well, in the dji version of the firmware of the Copter 1.7.9 without +
After rebooting the drone, compass and all the sensors work fine, calibrate, everything is fine.
Do I need to do something, or leave it as it is? Do I need to now firmware to 1.5.7 with DBUG, or can I flash 1.5.75?
Please advise how to be.

Man Im trying to figure out why Im having errors. I go to 1.7.9 and boom barometer error, IMU error etc. I don't get it. I tried it numerous times with no luck. But soon as I go back to 1.8.1 all is well.

Hello!
Please advise how to be.
The App not showing a ver # should be an App Issue.. You should be fine?? But you may what to roll back DJI?? Maybe 2.9.1 > 2.4.3 ?
Here is how...
DJI GO No Forced Update - Google Drive
Here are the Apps...
DJI GO - Google Drive

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member