P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!

Reaction score
I have used the Current Debug method for downgrading the P3P and the P3A..
Which has proven itself to work!!
So looking at how it is used...
I believe that this would work for us in the P3S side...??
Please read my posts and others' post here.. (before you do anything!!)
forcing fw downgrade with P3X_FW_DEBUG · Issue #4 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub
There is no instructions... But I have given a good description of what it does...
WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! Do this at your own risk...
I have not seen this done... I have heard of no one trying this on the P3S....
This is what you need is a zero Bit file..
with the according name on the sd card.
P3X_FW_DEBUG (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)
Warning!! Use must know how to use this..
The way it works on the P3P is that ..
After a downgrade, you place the debug file on the sd.. (on the root same as Bin) with that same version F/W again and re-downgrade..
Then you are able to go down to the next lower F/W and do it all over again ;)
Never skip a version... And use this method to ensure that the R/C get downgraded too..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Again this Debug downgrade is Untested!!!
Please Do this at your own Risk!!!G (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)

Again there are no true instructions...
The Downgrade "Debug use" on the P3S
WILL have to be written Right here... ;)
The provided zip file is all the zero bit P3 Debug files :)

Attachments

• P3PDebug.zip
    568 bytes · Views: 1,661
Last edited:
[QUOTE="
P3X_FW_DEBUG (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)
Warning!! Use must know how to use this..FW_DEBUG (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)

Again there are no instructions...
Downgrade Debug use on the p3s may have to be written Right here... ;)[/QUOTE]

P3S is the advanced? That must be some of that chinese translated to indian, then to engrish.

Reactions: KennethMcNutt
Revised P3s Debug downgrade
How to...
Never skip a version
Always run the firmware first (pass or fail)
then run that same firmware again with the Debug file also...
Then format the card and run the next lower Firmware
then again with the Debug file and so on..
If you get sensor errors follow the steps below to fix them..
If you have v1.08.10 with a +
Then start here
v1.08.10 -> v1.08.10 + Debug
v1.08.10 -> v1.07.9
v1.07.9
-> v1.07.9 + Debug
(v1.07.9 -> v1.7.94 If you get "Sensor Error" if not skip this step...) I am waiting for clear info on the next step from here for further downgrade..
v1.05.7 -> v1.05.7 + Debug
v1.05.7 -> V1.5.75 If you get "Sensor Error" if not skip this step...) I am waiting for clear info on the next step from here for further downgrade.. (Edit) Please read below...
and So on.. Here is a list..
v1.0.14
v1.0.17
v1.0.2
v1.01.3
v1.02.4
v1.03.5
v1.04.6
v1.05.7
v1.5.75
v1.06.8
v1.07.8
v1.07.9
v1.7.94
v1.08.10
There are new and older Firmware Versions not listed...
Anyone Know them?
Without exact firmware numbers
Links are hard to find..
1.7.94 link
P3C_FW_V01.07.0094.bin
1.5.57 link
P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin
The rest listed are here
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
(Edit) 1.5.75 doesn't fix compass error ;(
I found 1.5.74..
This many be the Fix for the Compass errors in 1.5.7 for some...
Remember Downgrade to 1.5.7 and then Debug 1.5.7 the update to 1.574..
Possible update to 1.5.75 after...
P3C_FW_V01.05.0074.bin

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuser05
For P3S its WORKING !!!!!! Thankx a lot for INFO !!!!
Im downgraded from 1.8 to the best 1.5.7, and there are no any problems with distance at the moment !!!!!!!!
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!
Please some one make a detailed video . This will be Great for Standard users!

Reactions: Akis
I have used the Current Debug method for downgrading the P3P and the P3A..
Which has proven itself to work!!
So looking at how it is used...
I believe that this would work for us in the P3S side...??
Please read my posts and others' post here.. (before you do anything!!)
forcing fw downgrade with P3X_FW_DEBUG · Issue #4 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub
There is no instructions... But I have given a good description of what it does...
P3X_FW_DEBUG (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)
Warning!! Use must know how to use this..
The way it works on the P3P is that ..
After a downgrade, you place the debug file on the sd.. (on the root same as Bin) with that same version F/W again and re-downgrade..
Then you are able to go down to the next lower F/W and do it all over again ;)
Never skip a version... And use this method to ensure that the R/C get downgraded too..
Again this Debug downgrade is Untested!!!
Please Do this at your own Risk!!!G (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)

Again there are no true instructions...
The Downgrade "Debug use" on the P3S
WILL have to be written Right here... ;)
The provided zip file is all the zero bit P3 Debug files :)

Confirmed! This works as described. I successfully downgraded from 1.8.10 to 1.6.8. I downgraded first to 1.7.9 then followed the same process down to 1.6.8. Great post! Thanks!

Please someone of you describe the procedure please,step by step.
Thank you.

The procedure is exactly as described above.

1. Follow the 1.8.10 downgrade procedure found here.
  2. If you haven't already done so, download the zero bite debug files found at the top of this post and extract the zip file. Locate the debug file for the P3S (P3C_FW_DEBUG.bin).
  3. Transfer that file to the root of the SD card along with the bin file for the 1.7.9 firmware. The file should still be on the SD card from the first step.
  4. Power on the drone, remote and connect your phone so you can see the status of the update.
  5. Once complete, the app will let you know when to reboot the drone. Reboot it with the USB cable plugged in. (Restarting without the cable, in my case, caused it to restart the firmware update. I also had to format the memory card every time that I wanted to perform the next downgrade. For some reason, I would delete the files from the SD, however, when I turned the drone back on, it would attempt another firmware update. I checked the SD card again and the files were back on the card somehow. The only thing that actually worked was performing a format on it. This may not happen in your case and a simple delete would work.)
  6. Transfer the 1.6.8 bin file to the root of the SD card along with the debug bin file and reboot the drone. Make sure that the only firmware bin file on the card is the one that you are trying to flash to. If there is another file there erase it before rebooting.
  7. The P3S will now perform the downgrade. Repeat step 6 again if you want to downgrade to the 1.5.7 firmware.
  8. Once you've managed to downgrade to the desired firmware, plug the USB cable in one last time before rebooting the P3S (do this on your final downgrade). Format the SD card and restart the drone.

1. Follow the 1.8.10 downgrade procedure found here. < LOL I posted this months ago!! (- formats)
    His was much more detailed!!!!

Can someone give a little more info on this please. My question is this, I am a new P3s user within the last month and have been using the latest firmware as I did the updates right out of the box. Have not had any issues or problems and the drone is flying great. My distance is not as much as some of what I have read here and there but for the most part I have only flew in my neighborhood. I think my longest flight is about 420 Meters. Were things better then that with older firmware? Should I consider doing the downgrade? I am using an Iphone and i know some things people were complaining about were because of android. Can anyone give a little more info on this downgrade and who should do it?
Thanks

If you don't know if you should do it, you most likely shouldn't.

There are many factors to take into account for distance, I would recommend only touching the firmware if you've eliminated everything else and are willing to risk bricking your bird to maybe get a little more.

Can someone give a little more info on this please. My question is this, I am a new P3s user within the last month and have been using the latest firmware as I did the updates right out of the box. Have not had any issues or problems and the drone is flying great. My distance is not as much as some of what I have read here and there but for the most part I have only flew in my neighborhood. I think my longest flight is about 420 Meters. Were things better then that with older firmware? Should I consider doing the downgrade? I am using an Iphone and i know some things people were complaining about were because of android. Can anyone give a little more info on this downgrade and who should do it?
Thanks

The older firmware(1.5.7 & 1.6.8) allows for ftp access. Through ftp access you can gain access to the internal file system which allows for certain mods like increasing transmit power and opening telnet access. Telnet access gives you the ability to access certain internal programs that allow things like manual;y selecting the wifi channels.

1. Follow the 1.8.10 downgrade procedure found here.
  2. If you haven't already done so, download the zero bite debug files found at the top of this post and extract the zip file. Locate the debug file for the P3S (P3C_FW_DEBUG.bin).
  3. Transfer that file to the root of the SD card along with the bin file for the 1.7.9 firmware. The file should still be on the SD card from the first step.
  4. Power on the drone, remote and connect your phone so you can see the status of the update.
  5. Once complete, the app will let you know when to reboot the drone. Reboot it with the USB cable plugged in. (Restarting without the cable, in my case, caused it to restart the firmware update. I also had to format the memory card every time that I wanted to perform the next downgrade. For some reason, I would delete the files from the SD, however, when I turned the drone back on, it would attempt another firmware update. I checked the SD card again and the files were back on the card somehow. The only thing that actually worked was performing a format on it. This may not happen in your case and a simple delete would work.)
  6. Transfer the 1.6.8 bin file to the root of the SD card along with the debug bin file and reboot the drone. Make sure that the only firmware bin file on the card is the one that you are trying to flash to. If there is another file there erase it before rebooting.
  7. The P3S will now perform the downgrade. Repeat step 6 again if you want to downgrade to the 1.5.7 firmware.
  8. Once you've managed to downgrade to the desired firmware, plug the USB cable in one last time before rebooting the P3S (do this on your final downgrade). Format the SD card and restart the drone.
Thank you very much. I will try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan