P3P service

Reaction score
Hi there all of you!

I`ve have had the p3p for 2-3 months now, have flown 100 km and over 10 hours.
I always do my preflight, but I was wondering how long can we expect the motors/esc/camera/gimbal +++ to live and what can we do to have it live longer?

I fly much helicopters and racing quads, but that question is easy for thoose things, you break it long before the components gets tired and dies.

And I cant wait for the poi, waypoints follow me will come! It`s right around the corner I hear;)

Thanks in advance!

Your question is a tough one to answere. I have been flying over a year with my 2 p2v+ and have only had a couple of crashes. I keep my craft clean, watch my batteries close 6 of them. Check my motors for heating and functions after each flight. Watch my camera from getting banged around and just take care of her. If you don't make real hard landings and you don't crash you can expect a lot of good time and flights. Get your self into a good pre fight routine and also a post flight check. The batteries, ESC's and motors keep her up and bring her down safely. I also do all the up grades and after every upgrade I redo my IMU calibration, RC sticks and then outside my compass. My Phantom's have always been stable in flight and only when I fail to do something right does it act up. Like taking off without verifying satellite lock. You learn pretty quick what GPS function does for you. All you can do is to do your best and if your successful they will last. If you get careless and try to many stunts, break out the pocket book as be ready for repairs. As with all electronics you can have failures. It's not if it's ever gaining to happen but when. Just be prepared. That day will come for me and for you. This is a sport that has potential for loss and not everyone can full grasp that. I hear rant and raves and people blasting DJI and the quality at different times. Heck I even had a Sony 3000 dollar HD TV that blew out after 3 months, they replaced it but I under stand computers and electronics. It can and does happen. It's how you take and handle it that makes it hard or not so. Understanding and being educated in all the functions of your Phantom is the best advice. Pre and post flight check. I have found when waypoint autonomously and flying way out, tight but cheeks seems to help a little too. That will also happen. Good flying and calibration is your friend. Looking forward to the P3 myself when all the software functions are available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl