P3P Crappy Range

Reaction score
Hi All.

Have my P3P now since Xmas but I've yet to be able to fly anymore than 1,300 feet without getting the weak controller signal in the Go App. Is there anything I need to check for or do to improve distance. Antenna position has had no impact.

I suspect you have wifi interference locally. Try to go out to open field where there is no wifi interference and try it and report. Also try to select a channel on DJI Go App that has minimum interference.

Hi All.

Have my P3P now since Xmas but I've yet to be able to fly anymore than 1,300 feet without getting the weak controller signal in the Go App. Is there anything I need to check for or do to improve distance. Antenna position has had no impact.
More information is required. Where are you flying? Is it rural. Urban.. What are the obstacles that could be interfering with your signal

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying in what could be described as semi urban. A few housing estates either side of flight path with a field underneath. Setting are reading radio channel as 'good'.

Yes it does. Fly out my front yard and get about a mile. Go to beach and can go 3 miles down the coast one way before it will set RTH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How high are you flying? Try flying up to 300' or so and see if this helps. However, regardless, you really need to have a clear path to the P3.

Guys ID happily live with 1 mile but not even getting quarter of that. Yep tried flying at 350 to 400 ft altitude and still no joy. If I go east or west from take off I'm really only getting 1300 odd feet distance. Will test in better environments once I get the weather.... Ireland's weather is a disaster at the minute!!

Even in the worst conditions 1300 ft is not good. My guess is that there is some bad interference or a problem with your bird.

I will investigate more and report back. I've only recently become brave. Before now 400 ft was probably my Max so it's never been an issue until now. I'll try dropping the bit rate altough I don't see how that will affect controller range? And my radio channel is reading as 'good'. Are there very good and excellent also?

Flew nearly 9000 ft this past weekend without any warnings or loss of signal.

15623 ft. Not a single modification. I had complete control of the P3P with only a few blips along the way. Actually hit RTH and packed up. Grabbed the RC took control back and flew in landed with 30% battery left.

1300 ft.. Something is not right. It's the location or the bird. Definitely not the technology.

I'm getting a mile with my P3A in a suburban area with industrial parks on either side of me. Haven't been in an open area yet. Can't wait to get out in the open and see how far it really goes.

Ha, it's not how far it goes but how far it comes back. You need to understand the limits not only in distance but also in interference factors. Just cause you have one doesn't mean you deserve one. Learn it, completely, or lose
it. Have fun.

@discobrother 1300' seems pretty poor even for congested areas. However, if you want to try boosting your signal, we recently launched our website where we offer long range / signal booster solutions. Check it out when you get a chance: Maxx UAV

For a limited time, use coupon code LUCKY7

@discovrother: if your RC is seeing interference, flying P3 high to 400' will not make any difference. Better move to another location to test it.

Hi had same issue was getting 250 -300 meters looses signal return too home tried everything ended up retuning too Dji for check out they are just about too return too myself faulty remote and recover in the drone replaced so you might need too go down that route if it's still under warranty

I did see in the OP that antenna position has no impact, can you please confirm that you are positioning them parallel on the controller as well as parallel in relationship to the legs on the aircraft?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl