P3A here in an hour... quick question

Reaction score
P3A here in an hour... quick question... i did have the p3s and when I sign in on the DJI app will it give me the option to select the P3A or will I need to create a new account? Also if I can keep my old account will it download the right firmware to the P3A if I select it? hate to think it will automatically download P3S firmware on my P3A

any help will be appreciated.

You can use the DJI GO app as-is now. Just register your Phantom in DJI GO (like you did with your P3S).

Follow these instructions if you'd like to update the firmware.

Reactions: Neon Euc
ah ok... so does that mean when I sign into my existing account I should be ok if I just select the P3A? :)

No. It means you need to register your P3A in DJI GO before you attempt to select it :)

but what I mean is if I install the DJI app and then go to sign in, will it not take me to the P3S ? and from there can I pick the P3A ? lol sorry as I just want to make sure I get everything up and running :p

You shouldn't have to select anything when you open DJI GO if you start everything up like this:
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Phantom
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Start DJI GO
But, yes, you can manually select the P3A from the DJI GO start screen.

that's brilliant. thanks for the help as I really appreciate that. I wanted to keep my flight logs from my P3S and then switch to the P3A without worrying about having the wrong firmware loaded or anything like that

I wanted to keep my flight logs from my P3S and then switch to the P3A without worrying about having the wrong firmware loaded or anything like that
It's easy. Don't worry :)

I fly six quadcopters from the same device. I haven't run into any problems yet.

That really makes me feel a lot better. .. Cheers msinger [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

That msinger is a true asset isn't he. :)

Btw, I usually try and let those know when it comes to updating firmware for the App or Aircraft, do yourself some justice and take a little time to see if others have been having any trouble since upgrading. This only applies to when installing the same firmware versions. If asking others 1st, just know that the 1st 5 responding may say "it's good no problems". The next 3 could say "My aircraft crashed for whatever reason". No need to be in a hurry. It's generally best to wait a minimum of 10-14 days after a new update come out before updating. This small piece of advice could save you from a great deal of grief at some point.

That msinger is a true asset isn't he. :)

Btw, I usually try and let those know when it comes to updating firmware for the App or Aircraft, do yourself some justice and take a little time to see if others have been having any trouble since upgrading. This only applies to when installing the same firmware versions. If asking others 1st, just know that the 1st 5 responding may say "it's good no problems". The next 3 could say "My aircraft crashed for whatever reason". No need to be in a hurry. It's generally best to wait a minimum of 10-14 days after a new update come out before updating. This small piece of advice could save you from a great deal of grief at some point.
Funny enough I done that with my P3A as I was having issues on my old P3S so now I make sure the google playstore has "automatic updates" turned off

Funny enough I done that with my P3A as I was having issues on my old P3S so now I make sure the google playstore has "automatic updates" turned off

That is very wise to do. The longer one has a manufacturers multi rotor aircraft, they tend to learn the flow of the industry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl