P3A and Ipad Mini2 ?

Reaction score
Just my P3A a month back and the weather finally is working with me. Ive been fly RC fixed wings for 20 years or so, my question is how do you guys see the Ipad screeen in the daylight. I have the hood shade for my Mini but the glare is awful and I just cannot see the screen at all? Would love to hear how you guys do it?

Don

The iPad Mini 4 has both a brighter screen and an anti-reflective coating on the screen. If flying in the shade is not a possibility, then it might be time to upgrade your iPad Mini 2.

Reactions: sonof40
I bought a mat finish screen protector for my iPad Mini 2. That helps a lot, but having a good hood is essential, and don't wear sunglasses. I always look for a tree for shade. I've also been known to take my folding chair with me to sit while I fly, and use one of those clamp on umbrella's for shade. I look like a real idiot in the middle of nowhere, sitting there with an umbrella on my chair. I don't care what they think, I'm focused on flying.:D

I purchased a hood man shade for my iPhone 6 +, no reflection or light at all... I have an iPad mini 3, I thought about buying one for it. It's at bit costly but so far it's been well worth the price I paid for It and I'm seriously considering buying one for my mini

Hoodman
Hoodman USA - HOME Page

I fly with an iPad Mini 2 (and hood) also and find it hard to see except when I'm in the shade. I'm hoping it'll look brighter when all this **** snow is gone. A ball cap helps.

S

iPad mini 2 is functionally ok but you can hardly view anything even with a hood. I use it just to start my P3 and view the radar, rest I do on my goggles. :)

It may be better for me to buy a iPad mini 4 :)

Try Tech Armor or iLLumiShield. I use the Tech Armor on my tablet when I'm at the beach and it works fine for me.

I bought a mat finish screen protector for my iPad Mini 2. That helps a lot, but having a good hood is essential, and don't wear sunglasses. I always look for a tree for shade. I've also been known to take my folding chair with me to sit while I fly, and use one of those clamp on umbrella's for shade. I look like a real idiot in the middle of nowhere, sitting there with an umbrella on my chair. I don't care what they think, I'm focused on flying.:D
Lol

I purchased a hood man shade for my iPhone 6 +, no reflection or light at all... I have an iPad mini 3, I thought about buying one for it. It's at bit costly but so far it's been well worth the price I paid for It and I'm seriously considering buying one for my mini

Hoodman
Hoodman USA - HOME Page
Might have too look into that one. Thanks

The Hoodman is the way to go.
I have the Apple Mini 2 and Mini 4. The 4 is better but still not a solution for a bright day.

I also have the Headplay goggles and they work good but are kind of a pain to use.

The Hoodman with a Mini 4 is the easiest to use, its like a bigger Headplay set of goggles and much sharper picture with the retina display.

2016-02-22 12.06.34.jpg

iPad mini 2 is functionally ok but you can hardly view anything even with a hood. I use it just to start my P3 and view the radar, rest I do on my goggles. :)

It may be better for me to buy a iPad mini 4 :)
I went from the 2 to the 4. Glad I did. What goggles are you using?

I have the Apple Mini 2 and Mini 4. The 4 is better but still not a solution for a bright day.

I also have the Headplay goggles and they work good but are kind of a pain to use.

The Hoodman with a Mini 4 is the easiest to use, its like a bigger Headplay set of goggles and much sharper picture with the retina display.

View attachment 44671

That's the most dished-out RC i've seen!

What's that bracket on top of your ipad?

S

View attachment 44671
Just ordered my HoodMan May look silly but that is exactly what I need for those sunny days.

That's the most dished-out RC i've seen!

What's that bracket on top of your ipad?

S
The Hoodman sets directly on top of the iPad.
I have a 3d printer so made the antenna booster and some better mounts on each end to
grab the iPad.
2016-02-22 12.07.12.jpg
2016-02-22 12.06.44.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl