P3 Standard Range...Very disappointed

If you haven't already, do a few test under similar conditions in several places to be sure it is not something at the area you are flying.

If its RC that your loosing and not wifi. Have you tried a windsurfer to see if that helps? Just a thought.

the argtek has doubled my distance from 1200 feet to at least 2500 feet in a very congested neighborhood
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
Are u able to download your latest flight logs to healthydrones.com? We r able to learn alot from the info. I'm very curious to see what your signals are.

I started having Range issues with my P3S the other day and it was doing exactly the same thing as what everyone else has been saying, which is only flying some 40 metres and then losing Signal and returning to home.
I opened up the RC and what do you know, the 5.8 Wire has completely come out. I have tried to put it back in and the little rubber sheath fell off whilst doing so, so I pulled off the glue and the connector to rejoin it that way but am still having the same issue. I do not think that this thing is making a proper connection even though I have re inserted it.
I'm pretty frustrated with it now so thinking about looking in to an upgrade for the little fella.

I am sending my P3Pro controller to Jake at Max UAV Very soon but need something else for the standard. So the DBS Mod Seems to be the favorite and most reliable from what I have seen on here. Can I ask for a few links if someone has time to hook me up to a joint that sells this bit of kit??
Thanks.

Attachments

• P3SRC.jpg
    P3SRC.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 347
:):):):):)

I have the same issue. I was able to get to 900m once. Now I can barely get past 300m. I noticed that going straight out into the field behind me only lets me get to about 200-300m, while going diagonally in a different direction in the field let me get too around 600m. What annoys me is that there is no decay of radio signal for me, it's full 5 bars of RC and then it's completely gone, and then it's full 5 bars 3 seconds later, and then it is completely gone again. Ive tried relinking the transmitter to phantom, checked the connections, made a windsurfer, etc with no great results. What I find interesting is that I had no problem with range, until one day where I can no longer get past 200-300 m. Definitely looking into a DBS Itelite mod.
I'm having very similar problem.

I bought an Argtek off ebay for 79 dollars. I figured it's a cheap way to fix two issue potentially. The loose connector problem, as I will get brand new attached connectors on the Argtek and the Signal range issue. Hopefully two birds with one stone.

i had an interesting weekend, switched to the Litchi app, and i literally gained double the range without changing anything? no interference, more stable.

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl