P3 Pro not updating

Keep us all updated with the results. Would be interested to know what the problem with your bird is.

Hey guys, hope you can help, not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong.

My phantom tells me I need: An aircraft, battery, and gimble update.

I'm updating from: Professional - Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Updates
(the 2015-12-22 update)

I've updated before so I'm trying to figure out why it isn't working now.

My process: format SD card, completely clear it. Put bin file in root directory of card. Turn controller and app on. Insert SD card into drone, turn drone on.
Nothing happens :(

Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

Do NOT turn on the RC!

Good luck and have fun flying!

Hey guys, hope you can help, not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong.

My phantom tells me I need: An aircraft, battery, and gimble update.

I'm updating from: Professional - Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Updates
(the 2015-12-22 update)

I've updated before so I'm trying to figure out why it isn't working now.

My process: format SD card, completely clear it. Put bin file in root directory of card. Turn controller and app on. Insert SD card into drone, turn drone on.
Nothing happens :(

Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

Don't turn on your controller! You'll hear it initialize and a "de de de de" over and over again. YouTube bro

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Holy Smokes... What's wrong with the bird? Search YouTube guys! That's how I learned of FW updates. It's pretty straight forward I think. Don't turn on the controller!

My controller has not been on for any of these attempts.

Holy Smokes... What's wrong with the bird? Search YouTube guys! That's how I learned of FW updates. It's pretty straight forward I think. Don't turn on the controller!

I have searched youtube far and wide, nothing helps.

My controller has not been on for any of these attempts.

I have searched youtube far and wide, nothing helps.
Try formatting your SD card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC if you have them. Leave the allocation unit size alone (do not set it to default) and uncheck quick format. I had a similar problem to you a while ago and this fixed it for me.
Good luck!

Sent my bird in exactly a week ago, just got a confirmation email that it has been received. Let's see how long this takes, fingers crossed.

Got it back today, pretty quick, but didn't expect it to take long seeing as only the firmware wouldn't update.

Kind of odd though how i didn't get any report on what was wrong or how they fixed it. Just a notification that it had shipped and now it's here.

Anyway she's fixed!

So it now says I need to update my battery. I tried downloading the newest firmware update (3/15/2016) and it didn't work.

Is there a separate update process I need to do for the battery? It's really going to be a bummer if I have to send it back again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT