P3 Pro not updating

Keep reading... ;)

"Note: If the firmware fails to install after multiple attempts, then try using a different memory card."

Reactions: Grant0605
Thank you for your patience o wise and powerful one. i'm clearing the card right now and I'll report back after I try it

Keep reading... ;)

"Note: If the firmware fails to install after multiple attempts, then try using a different memory card."

Found the original memory card that came with the Phantom, cleared it, formatted it, didn't work. Also tried updated the earlier one it recommend first, still didn't work.

You mentioned that you turned the controller and app on. You should not do this. Only turn the P3 on when updating the FW on the AC

Reactions: Drone Master
If you're following my instructions exactly and nothing else odd is occurring (like your gimbal is powered down), then maybe try installing 1.5 and then 1.6 after that.

You mentioned that you turned the controller and app on. You should not do this. Only turn the P3 on when updating the FW on the AC
I'm not sure why I said that, I haven't been turning on either. Just the craft

If you're following my instructions exactly and nothing else odd is occurring (like your gimbal is powered down), then maybe try installing 1.5 and then 1.6 after that.
I'll try that

EDIT: Is not working. Am I missing some sort of basic step?

Last edited:
How did the 1.5 install go?

Return it if u can I'm the unlucky one I could not

What happened with yours?

It's also frustrating because I really want to fly but it's severely out of date and if something malfunctioned I would be liable for flying with old firmware.

No video feed and not able to update. But when I snap pics and video and take out the SD card I am able to view it. Figure that. I purchased it off eBay and dji will not take that as a receipt.
Did u check the two cables that go to the gimbal sometimes it might help to unplug it and plug it back in and give it a shot. Hope it helps u

What happened with yours?

It's also frustrating because I really want to fly but it's severely out of date and if something malfunctioned I would be liable for flying with old firmware.

Copy and paste a fresh copy of the f/w update from Dji website.

Copy and paste a fresh copy of the f/w update from Dji website.

I did and no luck. I think I've done almost everything that is possible.

I'm calling them tomorrow to see what I can do. Anyone else have any last minute fixes I can try before I send this puppy back?

I did and no luck. I think I've done almost everything that is possible.

I'm calling them tomorrow to see what I can do. Anyone else have any last minute fixes I can try before I send this puppy back?

Fully charge battery to 100%.
Format sd card with app.
Leave sd card in the bird.
Remove props.
Connect bird to computer. (With usb lead).
Turn on bird (NOT R/C).
Drag .bin file to phantom s/d card.
Power off bird. wait for a few minutes.
Power back on and leave it for a hour.

Reactions: Grant0605
Fully charge battery to 100%.
Format sd card with app.
Leave sd card in the bird.
Remove props.
Connect bird to computer. (With usb lead).
Turn on bird (NOT R/C).
Drag .bin file to phantom s/d card.
Power off bird. wait for a few minutes.
Power back on and leave it for a hour.

Do I disconnect it from my computer after I've put the .bin file on it?

Do I disconnect it from my computer after I've put the .bin file on it?
Yes, disconnect it. then turn bird off , wait a few minutes and restart your bird and leave it be.
Delete the .bin file the same way.

Look at this. Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl